x; atomic numbers

THE ONLY THING Juliette Fosters put on a higher principle tier over her unfaltering pursuit of knowledge was her stubbornness.  

     Her gaze sharpened on Lydia, looking at her questionably. As much as she wanted to give her unbiased opinion on the situation, she still found her views to be tainted by her personal opinion on the banshee. It wasn't that Juliette hated her, per se, it was simply that it didn't click to her yet that Lydia could possess such clairvoyant abilities. For all she knew, Lydia was completely misinterpreting the psychic signals given to her.  

     But then again, they were at a dead end on their situation with William Barrow. The werewolves haven't found him in the boiler room just yet, and Allison's search for how flies possibly escaped the serial killer's body was still ongoing. Truthfully, Juliette found a hard time tying Barrow's actions to the supernatural.

    Dragging a hand over her face, she shook her head. "Listen, i'm gonna be honest here–"

    Stiles quickly interjected. "You sure that's going to be a good idea?"

   "No, but i'm doing it anyways." Juliette shrugged, turning to face Lydia. "I'm not one to... question a banshee's... feelings, or anything—"

   "But you're going to question me anyways?" Lydia crossed her arms, scoffing at her predictability.

   Juliette waved an indolent hand. "Exactly—so, you don't think there's a chance you're wrong about this?"

   "I'm sure about this, alright?" Lydia exhaled, walking around the art room, suddenly stopping to scan the portraits of explosions. "Hey, Scott and Isaac are in the basement, right?"

    Stiles nodded. "Yeah, with the twins, and the plan is to meet in the middle, in the boiler room."

    "All of the wolves..." Lydia glanced apprehensively over her shoulder. "All of the ones with glowing eyes" She said, deliberately emphasising those two words. "are in the boiler room?"

    The two remained quiet for a quick moment before realisation dawned on them, followed by panic. "Oh my god... Barrow's an electrical engineer." Stiles exclaimed. "An engineer could use the boiler room  to blow up the whole school."

    "We need to get them out of there– we need to get everyone out."

    Tentatively, Juliette suggested; "Alright, then we could pull the fire alarm."

    As the three made their way down the stairs, rushing to the nearest fire alarm, Stiles broke the glass to pull it. The alarm rang throughout the school building, and the students rushed out of class to leave the area. Goofily, he smiled and stuck out his tongue playfully, feeling rebellious pulling the fire alarm.

    "Uh..." Juliette cleared her throat when she spotted Coach walk up behind him. "Stiles?"

    Coach grabbed both Juliette and Stiles by their ears, pulling them out of the building. "Pulling the fire alarm on mischief night is one thing, but pulling it when there's a mass murderer spotted around the area is insane!" He yelled. "If I were four years younger, i'd punch you!"

    "What? Coach, that doesn't make sense."

    Juliette nodded. "I'd say ten years younger." Coach glared at her one last time before walking back into the building. "There they are." She pointed at the four werewolves who stood in the midst of panicked students outside the building.

    When the three caught up to the werewolves, they eagerly asked for news. "We didn't find anything— not even a scent."

   "It's three o'clock, that means school's over. If there was a bomb, wouldn't he have set it by now?"