3. You Guys Are My Only Family

__________________________________

.

.

.

|| JOANNE LAKE ||

.

I patted the bedside table trying to get my hand on my phone.

It was blaring 'Bad Blood' at full volume and disturbing Wolverine's and my sleep.

I finally got my hand on it and slid a finger across the screen, mumbling a 'Hello?' as I placed it over my ear.

"What do you want? Your usual Expresso or-"

"One iced caramel cloud macchiato and two puppuccino. Actually, make it three for Old Man. The asshole is being a bit extra these days." I mumbled. I couldn't start my day without my dose of caffeine and I had spoilt my boy so much that he needed the puppuccino in the morning and he did not like it if it was whipped cream from anywhere else - I do not get the logic.

Wait, are they mixing something that is making him addicted to it?

Oh no!

Don't start early in the morning, Joanne Lake.

"Alright." Olivia said as she hung up.

I tossed the phone onto the bed and narrowed my eyes at my dog. He was sprawled across the king-sized bed while I had been curled up in a corner, about to fall off any minute.

I looked over at the custom-made dog bed I had built for him. Should have spent that money on an extra bed!

I hopped off my bed and stretched.

It's a brand-new day! I thought as I opened the blinds.

I took in the scent of the early morning NY streets..

There was nothing I hated more than waking up from my sleep. I wasn't a morning person. I doubted if I was even a person.

I grumbled to myself as I made my way to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and did my business.

I looked over at my shower and scrunched up my face. Who in their right mind takes a shower on a Sunday morning?

I walked out of my room and into the kitchen.

I don't really like to boast, but I am a honest person. And the truth was that I was an amazing cook. Just amazing.

Except, today just wasn't one of those days when I wanted to 'surprise' my dear flat mates with the grandeur of Joanne Lake's cooking.

Cereal it is.

Life of the frugal is the life I aspire. I thought to myself proudly as I made my way towards my cereal cabinet. I had a collection of cereal. Whatever I felt like eating, it needed to be in my cereal cabinet.

Most people might call me a spoilt brat.

But in all honesty, what the fuck was I supposed to do with all the money I had?

Yes yes, I could do some philanthropy. But obviously, I do that. I have way too much money to be spend on just me.

There I go, drifting away in my stupid thoughts again.

I grabbed a carton of honey corn flakes and a carton of milk from the fridge. And I had to pour some chocolate sauce over my cereal to make it less healthy and more tasty. I put everything back in its place because Olivia will have my head if I made a mess, and then I made my way to the living room with the bowl and a spoon.