~training~

I wake up still in his arms, except we're a little bit more messy. I smile slightly as he usually always wakes up before i do.
It's not soon before he wakes up himself and catches me staring at him. He simply removes himself from the bed and heads to the bathroom to get changed.

He really is clueless.

I take this opportunity to get changed into my uniform and luckily i finish just in time for him to exit the bathroom, but he's not wearing his uniform.
He stands there is a large hoodie and jeans and stares at me for a moment.

"why are you wearing your uniform?" he asks.
I look at him like he's stupid.
"because it's school, duh!"
"it's Saturday."
"it's is?" i say in disbelief. "but i thought we were doing training today?"
"we are. but not in school," he says to me with a devilish look.
I groan slightly and fall back into bed. I bundle myself into the cover.
"no." I say.
I hear him leave the room and soon i can also hear the sizzling of a pan.
Damn it.

I escape the comfortable clutch of my bed and look in his closet. I fish out a large light grey hoodie and plop it on over my bra. I then put on some random pair of overly baggy jeans.

I drag myself into the kitchen and receive a waft of good smells. He's making me breakfast.

"so what are we doing. Sparring? Workouts? I don't think i'm ready to get built yet," I complain, leaning back on my chair dramatically.

"no." he sets down a mug of coffee on the table, "we're hiking."

fucking hiking?

-----------------------

After breakfast and a lot of quiet mutters of disagreement from me, we set off. He takes me to a bare hill, and we're quite lucky, Musutafu city has a very vast and varied landscape, so it's a perfect place for a hike.

"the weathers going to be nice today," i tell todoroki with a smirk.
"you're talking to me about the weather," he comments.
"no, i'm trying to distract you so i don't have to clamber up a deep slope." I point to the deep slope ahead of us.
"there's a reason we're doing this."
"care to tell me mr secrecy?"
"you'll find out soon enough."

And with that he trudges ahead, walking up the ground with ease and not faulting. On the other hand, my breathing gets heavy and my legs tire after reaching the first stop.

"you don't have much endurance at all do you?"

"not exactly a nice way to put it but no, that's what happens when you spend a year holed up in an apartment."

"it's fine. you'll get better," Todoroki says before starting to climb again.

"already?" i say in exasperation.

"you don't get better unless you actually try to Rei." he calls over.

And with that i follow him, stretching my limits and trying my best not to let him know that my legs are about to break and i may have an asthma attack.
I feel like i'm carrying a ton of bricks over my shoulder. All i wish to do is to slump down and stay that way for as long as possible. But i continue, for todoroki.

When i really think about it, what do i wish to gain out of this festival? I want to be a hero because i feel like i owe it to the world to pay back the lives i took. However, i don't want the fame and popularity that comes with it. I don't want to be known as the greatest hero of all time, that's for people like deku. All i want is to have my license and devote my life to saving people. So do i try and win the festival? I need to be noticed so get a license i suppose, but i worry thinking about all the eyes on me.

We reach the top of the slope, me sweating all over and resting on my knees.

"hey, that must have been a lot for you, good job." Todoroki says in encouragement. I nod as i'm still catching my breath.