~ i'll always love you ~

winter is soon rapidly closing in, as the hotter months drift away until next year. Soon, todoroki will pass his license exam, and then the sky's the limit. that is, until i receive my signal to absorb the last spirit, and then the sky is more like a small controlled box with me inside.

being early November, it's not yet snowing, yet the winds still howl and bring a burning frost within its gusts.

on a particularly windy november day, shoto takes me one of his weekly visits to his mother. during the entire walk and train ride, he keeps his hand enclosed with mine, gripping it tighter with every passerby.

that morning, i could tell he was even more nervous than i was. he fiddled relentlessly with the collar on his tight black shirt, and with the buckles on his belt. in the end, when i could tell he was starting to grow agitated by the increasing temperature in the air, i helped him with both things by forcing him to relax.

"why are you so anxious?" i raise my eyebrows at him, sorting out the wayward strands of overgrown hair on his forehead.

"i don't know... i guess i want to impress you, but i also want to impress my mother," he shakes his head, obviously confused with his own thoughts, "but i'm really awkward so i don't know how id even go about introducing you," he mutters almost to himself, delicately pulling on his belt and finally sorting out the buckle.

"i'll introduce myself, it will be fine," i peck him on the lips, "it will be more than fine, don't worry."

at the second stop, shoto leads me out of the train doors, and we take a small walk through the town. i smile, because right now i feel like we're a regular couple, going out into the hustle and bustling of the streets on a winters day, i feel like any other ordinary person.

we end up at a large white hospital, not a regular hospital where people are put in surgery or illness runs through the walls, but instead a mental facility. the outer walls are white and clean, and there are many large windows to all the rooms.

when we get inside, shoto talks to the woman at the front desk, and she allows us to pass through.

"she's on the seventh floor," he tells me, as we both step into the elevator, his hand still not leaving mine.

"okay," i say, starting to grow nervous myself, and shuffling my feet slightly on the hard metal floor, as the elevator begins to rise.

the elevator beeps as we reach the seventh floor, and the doors slide open. she's on the third door to the left, as shoto told me, which is confirmed by the little whiteboard on the front of the door, reading in neat curly letters the name 'Rei Todoroki' on the front of it.

"you ready?" he turns to me slightly, hovering his hand near the handle.

i nod confidently, so he turns the handle and pushes on it, and the door opens. inside, a woman sits on a chair. i can only see the back of her long white hair. she stares motionless to the vast view outside.

"mum?" shoto says, announcing our entry. the woman turns, the gloomy winter sunlight illuminating her face, showing her big grey eyes, almost identical to shotos right one. the moment she sees us, her once distant and blank expression turns warm and utterly happy, a large smile emerging on her face.

"shoto, it's lovely to see you," he eyes wonder over to me and her smile widens even more, "and you must be yurei? shoto talks about you all the time."

"it's lovely to meet you miss," i say as politely as possible, giving her a charming smile.

"how are you doing?" shoto asks his mother, pulling up a seat for both himself and me.