~the league of villains~

i was injected with some sort of drug in that alley to knock me out, and the next time i slowly rise in consciousness, i keep my eyes closed.

the floor is cold, and the air is bitter.

"well that wasn't too bad now was it? the voice that i recognise as dabi can be heard through my dreary state.

this is exactly like my dream... so i haven't been here before, i was yet to come here.

the conversation plays out exactly how it did, and as they catch on to my awareness, i am injected once again, it's a sharp pinch in my arm, and i desperately attempt to cling onto my woke state, but it slips away from me all at once.

when i wake up a second time, the first thing i feel is a chain on my leg. i open my eyes slowly, looking out for anyone near me, and what i see is a man say on a backwards chair facing directly toward me.

he's wearing a full elasticated body suit, covering his entire figure, including his face.

i feel a weight lifting off of my shoulders as i realise who it is.

twice, the nicest man in the league of villains. i'm not entirely sure how he got caught up in all this, as he doesn't seem very much like a villain at all, more like a very misunderstood person.

"bubaigawara," i use his real name as i lean up on my shoulder, realising that i am stuck on the floor because of the chain holding down my leg. the room is coloured with a green tinge due to what i can guess is extreme dirt and grime. we must be underground, i see sprinkles of soil spilling through the weak gaps in the ceiling. the walls are badly plastered, with large wet patches in them, the corners of the room packed with spider webs.

"hey kid," he says, pulling down his mask and revealing his face. he doesn't usually do this, but i think he wanted to convey his sympathy. his eyebrows are furrowed, and his face is fully painted with guilt, "i guess you're back, huh?" he smiles reassuringly through his dismay.

i'm not entirely sure what to say to him. all i know is that i'm tired, i'm sad, and i've lost the will to live. i lay back down.

"i'm guessing i can't use my quirk?" i ask him.

"yeah sorry, that injection will stop it for a few hours. we didn't exactly have a choice," he scratches his head, pulling out a cigarette.

"we? so you were in on it huh," i say, looking up at the drab, rotting ceiling.

"don't do that Yurei, i didn't have a choice either," he lights the cigarette, "if it makes you feel any better, i missed you kid."

"it doesn't, but thanks anyway," i say. i don't hate twice, he's not a bad person. i just hate it here. i hate everything concerned with it.

"if you're going to use me for my quirk, it's not really going to happen if i don't actually have it. how do you plan on going about that?" i ask, genuinely curious, but i receive no response. i look over, to see him wearing a pondering expression.

"what's that look for?" i start to feel my neck aching from the harsh concrete floor.

"how much do you remember? from before?" he asks me.

"uhhh, little bits and pieces, not a lot really," i tell him.

"oh... well you'll find out soon enough won't you," he taps on the chair briefly, before bursting out, "what are we doing here! i'm hungry man i want something cheesy! shut up you idiot, we're looking after the kid. forgot about the stupid kid! get out of my head. just shut up, shut up," he's interrupted by twice pulling up his mask quickly, taking a deep breath and putting out his cigarette against his chair.