(2) The Champions

Ashley

Brennon and I walked out of the classroom and saw the trio.

"Hey Bren, can I catch up with them real quick?"

"Yeah sure"

I walk towards the trio and I hear Ron talking.

"Brilliant isn't he! Completely demented of course. Terrifying to be in the same room with, he's really BEEN there you know."

"There's a reason those curses are unforgivable, and to perform them in a classroom. I mean did you see Neville's face?!" Hermione responded.

"Honestly Ron, im pretty sure we're not supposed to know them until our fifth year." I join in.

"Oh hey Ash" Harry greets and I just nod.

"Neville?" Hermione say and we look over to where she was looking and indeed there was Neville staring out of the window.

Suddenly Moody appears out of nowhere.

"Son. You alright?" Moody approaches Neville and pats him on his shoulder and Neville just nods.

"Come on, we'll have a cup of tea. I want to show you something" Moody guides Neville back into his office.

"I wouldn't have a cup of tea with him after what he did" I say and Ron nodded.

~~~

I was in the Great Hall with Brennon and Hermione reading my book which Hermione is also doing with hers and watching older students put their name in the Goblet.

The twins came up cheering.

"Thank you thank you, well lads we've done it." George starts.

"Cooked it up this morning." Fred finishes.

"It's not going to work." Hermione says in a singy voice.

"Oh yeah? And why's that Granger." Fred ask.

Hermione closes her book "You see this? This is an age line. Dumbledore drew it himself"

"So?"

"So a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by something pathetically dimwitted such as an age potion."

"That's why it's so brilliant—"

"—Cuz it's so pathetically dimwitted"

"Ready Fred?"

"Ready George?"

They jump inside the age line, and people cheer. They put their names in the flame and do a high-five. The flame fires up and they're flung across the room onto the floor. When they get up they have full heads of grey hair and beards.

"You said.."

"You said—"

Then they started fighting.

"Idiots" I say to myself.

The room suddenly becomes silent as Viktor Krum walks in and puts his name in the flame. He looks at Hermione and she smiles, and I smirk at her.

"Oh shut up!" she tells me.

"Our little Herman has an admirer!" I squeal and she just laughs at me.

"You'll get one too if Malfoy stops being a coward" she mumbles under her breath so quietly so I didn't really heard what she said.

"What?" I ask confused.

"Oh nothing"

~~~

It was time for the choosing of the three champions and we were all at the great hall waiting for Dumbledore to start.

"Sit down please. And now the moment you've all been waiting for, the champions selection!"

I sit besided Harry and Brennon sits besides me.

Dumbledore approaches the blue flame and it goes red. A piece of parchment comes out, in it is the name of the selected champion. Dumbledore grabs the piece of parchment.

"The Durmstrang champion is ... Viktor Krum!"

The Durmstrang crowd started cheering.

"We all saw that coming" Brennon says and I nod clapping unenthusiastically.

Another piece of parchment comes out.

"The champion from Beauxbatons... Fleur Delacour"

The Veelas cheer while some cries.

"What are they crying about? I thought they don't want their perfect physique to get ruined, cuz im pretty sure if they got chosen they'll get scars from every task" I say and Harry tries to hide a laugh while Brennon didn't even try to hide his.

The last piece of parchment comes out... or so I thought.

"The Hogwarts champion... Cedric Diggory."

We all cheer except for Ron who loudly said no but luckily for him the cheers drowned out his voice.

"Excellent! we now have our three champions! But in the end only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory the tri-wizard cup!"

Suddenly thee cup turns red again and another piece of parchment flies out. Dumbledore takes it and reads the name.

"Harry Potter" he quietly says but loud enough for us to hear.

"That's it, im changing my name" I hear Harry whisper to himself.

"No.. no" I hear Hagrid say.

"Harry Potter!" Dumbledore yells.

I look over at Harry and he looks terrified.

"Go on Harry. Harry for goodness sake." Hermione pushes Harry towards Dumbledore.

Harry takes the piece of parchment and everyone started yelling at him.

"He's a cheat!"

"He's not even seventeen yet!"

Poor Harry...

~~~

After that we all went out of the great hall and Ron started to get mad at Harry for not telling him that he putted his name in the goblet.

"Do you seriously believe that Harry put his name in the Goblet?" I ask.

"Yes!" he answers.

"Stop making accusations Ron, you first need to hear his side of the story before saying that!" I walk off with Brennon behind me to the Ravenclaw common room.

"What has to be broken before you can use it?" the eagle knocker ask.

"An egg" I answer and the door opened.

We walk in and sat on the couch in the common room.

"Do you think Harry did it?" Brennon ask.

"Did what?"

"Put his name in the goblet"

"No, did you see his face when Dumbledore said his name? He looks like he was about to vomit"

He just nodded.

"I need to go, im tired" I stand up

"Yeah me too, goodnight"

"Night"

~~~

I enter my shared dorm with three other girls. The only one I really know here was Padma Patil. The other two I don't really talk to.

I change into my night wear and lay on my bed.

I really need to check up on Harry tomorrow.

~~~