4. Meeting them

"This was a bad idea", jungkook shakes his head, horrified. He turns around to leave but namjoon pulls him back by his wrist. "We're not leaving", he says sternly.

Jungkook angrily yanks his hand out of his hold. "Who are you to decide that?!", he shouts. "This is my brothers' house! You don't get to tell me whether I should meet them or not", he says in annoyance, getting more and more frustrated with each passing second.

He expects Namjoon to be hurt or atleast regretful or even upset. But none of these emotions seem to touch the older. He looks completely unfazed.

"How did you even get the address?", jungkook whispers, looking at his feet. "I have my ways", namjoon replies nonchalantly. "I-", jungkook starts but his breath hitches and he stops, exhaling a shaky breath.

"I thought we were supposed to go to New Zealand?", he asks unsurely, lips quivering as he tries to keep himself from crying. We are. We'll stay here for today and then we'll catch our flight set for tomorrow", namjoon explains.

"Joonie", jungkook says and looks up, eyes going wide and teary. They won't want me here", he confesses. Namjoon is immediately circling his arms around him. "Bunny, you don't know that. They'll be really happy to see you. They do want you here", he assures.

Jungkook sniffles a little. "I'm scared, joonie. I'm so scared". Namjoon sighs and cards his fingers through the younger's soft locks. "And its okay. Its completely fine to be scared. There's nothing with it. But, you need to face your fears, yeah? How would you know they don't want you there until you meet them?", namjoon asks.

"Okay, you have a point", jungkook chuckles but it just comes out sad and watery. "Bunny, I know I shouldn't have done this without asking you. And I'm so sorry. But I want to fulfill all your wishes. You wanted to meet your hyungs, right?", namjoon questions.

Jungkook nods timidly and wipes his watery nose on Namjoon's shoulder. The older doesn't mind as they keep moving until they're outside the door that leads to the leaving room.

Namjoon holds Jungkook's hand and with the other, he rings the doorbell. After two rings, the door opens. A handsome man dressed in a black suit comes to view.

He frowns when he sees namjoon but as soon as his eyes meet Jungkook's, he gasps, dropping the bag in his hand. "Jungkook", he acknowledges, slightly out of breath.

"Jin hyung", Jungkook says, his voice quivering. Namjoon senses his distress and squeezes his hand to provide some comfort. "Oh my god", the man almost cries and tackles jungkook into a strong hug.

Jungkook hesitates at first but wraps his own arms around, who namjoon assumes, is his brother. "I missed you so much", his brother says, a few tears dripping down his face. If namjoon is being honest, he feels a little out of place just standing there and watching two brothers meet after a long time.

"I missed you, too. I'm sorry I left", Jungkook whispers back into his shoulder. His brother, Jin, shakes his head violently and presses a kiss to his forehead. "Don't apologize", he says.

His eyes flicker to namjoon who's standing awkwardly by their said and he wipes his own tears. "Please come inside", he says politely. Namjoon looks at jungkook who nods and then they walk inside.

"Tae!", Jin calls someone and Jungkook's eyes widen. He clutches onto the back of Jin's suit jacket tightly, looking scared. From one of the rooms, another beautiful man in formal clothes enters the living room, a baby in his arms.

He's smiling as he says something to the baby. However, the smile vanishes quickly when he sees Jungkook standing beside Jin. His expression hardens and he purses his lips.

He turns his attention to Jin, completely ignoring Jungkook, as if he isn't even there. You called?", he asks. Jin looks at him with a disappointed expression. "Jungkook is here", he tells him.

Tae raises an eyebrow. "Who? I don't know any Jungkook", he shrugs. Namjoon's hands turn to fists. The man seems snobbish and extremely rude. How can he be related to Jungkook?

"Baby, he's your brother", Jin says and namjoon short circuits. He is Jungkook's brother? Isn't it Jin? "He's not my brother", Tae says through gritted teeth. The baby seems to sense the tension in the air as he or she suddenly starts crying.

"Shh, baby. Daddy's here", Tae tries to calm the baby down. He looks up at a terrified Jungkook and then back at Jin. "I don't have a brother", he seethes and then turns around to go back to his room.

Jin sighs and turns to jungkook who's sporting a forlorn expression. "Looks like he's still angry about what happened", he says with a sympathetic smile.

Jungkook keeps his head down, his shoulders shaking as he tries not to cry. "Sweetheart, don't worry. I'm sure he's just surprised to see you. He just doesn't know how to react", he assures.

Jungkook nods. "A boy or a girl?", he suddenly asks. Jin looks at him with a perplexed expression before laughing loudly. "A boy. Jimin", he answers.

That makes jungkook smile a little and Namjoon just stares at them. All this confusion is making his head hurt. "Where's hobi?", jungkook asks next, wiping his unshed tears. "He's gone to school", Jin replies.

"He must not remember me", jungkook says with a sad smile. "Oh, he does. He wasn't that small when you...", Jin trails off, shaking his head with a smile.

"Anyway, aren't you gonna introduce your friend?", he asks, mischief glinting in his eyes. Jungkook looks surprise as he turns to look at namjoon. "I'm so sorry, I almost forgot you are here, too", he apologizes.

Namjoon just laughs awkwardly and assures him that he really doesn't mind. "Hyung, this is Namjoon. My best friend", jungkook says with a proud smile.

Namjoon offers Jin a smile and the older mirrors his expression. "I'm Kim Seokjin. That was my husband and Jungkook's brother, Kim Taehyung. Jimin and Hoseok are our kids, Jungkook's nephews", he says in a single breath.

"Phew", he sighs. "That sounded too formal". That coaxes out small laughs from the both of them. Namjoon watches fondly as Seokjin and Jungkook catch up with each other's lives. Feeling a little lost, he takes a seat on the couch.

Well, at least one of Jungkook's wishes has been fulfilled.