3. Surprise

"Pack your things", namjoon says hurriedly as he storms inside Jungkook's apartment. Jungkook looks up from the stew that he was stirring on the stove and raises an unimpressed eyebrow.

"Why?", he asks, looking down at his dish. Namjoon frantically shakes his head as if it pains him to answer. "We're going to New Zealand", he says.

Jungkook's head snaps upwards in shock. "Joonie, are you crazy?", he says, looking at the older incredulously. Namjoon groans, clearly frustrated. "Bunny, listen to me. I'm not kidding", he insists.

Jungkook shakes his head and turns off the stove. He wipes his hands on the kitchen towel and removes his apron, walking around the counter to get to namjoon.

"Take a seat", he says and rests his hands on namjoon's shoulders, squeezing. The older sighs but nods and sits down on the couch. "Okay, now tell me what's this about?", jungkook asks, looking into Namjoon's eyes.

New Zealand is cold country", namjoon says, his eyes lighting up. Jungkook frowns. "Okay...", he stretches skeptically. Namjoon smiles and holds both of his hands. "Do you know what that means, bunny?", he asks hopefully.

That its a cold country?", jungkook blinks, confused. Namjoon sighs again. "No, it means were one step closer to ticking one block on your bucket list", he explains and grins as if he can't keep his excitement in. Which, in fact, is not exactly wrong.

"No", jungkook says sternly. He looks almost angry, nose going red. Namjoon tones his excitement down, just a tad bit. "Why? I promise it won't bother my work schedule", he tries coaxing.

Jungkook shakes his, just once, enough to let namjoon know that he's upset. Well, he isn't the one to back down. "Give me one good reason for why not", he says. Jungkook makes a face. "Joonie", he starts. You don't have to do this", he whispers softly.

But I want to", namjoon pouts, making jungkook breathe out a small laugh. "You're getting too attached", he says and rubs the veins on Namjoon's hand with his thumb.

"I'm not a kid, bunny. I can handle it", namjoon says. "Joonie, please", jungkook pleads, eyes screaming desperation. Namjoon snatches his hands from jungkook and stands up angrily. "Why? What's the problem? I'm willing to help you. Why won't you let me?", he asks, huffing.

Jungkook sighs and takes one of Namjoon's hands in both of his, clasping tightly. "I don't want to hurt you", he whispers, his eyes start becoming glossier. He doesn't understand why namjoon just won't listen to him.

"Stop thinking about me. This is about you!", Namjoon exclaims as he crouches down in front of jungkook. The younger still looks conflicted. Namjoon lifts his free hand and holds the back of Jungkook's neck, pulling him towards himself.

"We're going to New Zealand", he repeats as he connects their foreheads. Jungkook sighs defeatedly, nodding. "Say it", namjoon demands. "We're going to New Zealand", jungkook parrots, giggling a little, his voice sounds watery.

"See, it wasn't that hard, was it?", namjoon smiles. Jungkook shakes his head, mirroring Namjoon's gleeful expression. Now pack your stuff. Were leaving tomorrow", the taller of the two orders. Jungkook rolls his eyes. "Yes, sir", he says playfully, making namjoon laugh.

He ruffles Jungkook's hair and leaves jungkook with his own thoughts.
New Zealand, here we come".

"All set?", namjoon asks as he enters his neighbour's apartment. "Yeah, but I don't know if this is too much", jungkook frets. Namjoon examines his stuff. There are two trolleys and a hand bag. He shakes his head. "No, its perfect. Were going to be there for two weeks", he says.

"Okay", jungkook agrees. He still seems a little reluctant about the whole ordeal but namjoon doesn't question him. He understands that it might be a bit burdening for jungkook. That reminds him---

"Hey, are you not getting any treatment?", he asks, his eyebrows furrowing. Not really. I just take some necessary medications but that's it", jungkook explains. "Why?", namjoon blurts out. Okay, maybe he shouldn't be that nosy.

"There's no use of a treatment now. I'd rather not spend the rest of my days in a boring white room with bland food", jungkook shrugs. Namjoon chuckles at that. It should be creepy how easy jungkook is making this out to be but for some reason, it isn't.

"I have a surprise for you", Namjoon says when they're inside his car. Jungkook turns to to him from the passenger seat. "Surprise?", he repeats. Namjoon nods, eyes still on the road.

"Yes, you'll love it", he grins cheekily. Jungkook huffs, annoyed. "Why are you doing all this for me, Joonie? You barely know me", he sighs sadly. Namjoon reaches his left hand to hold Jungkook's right one.

"I know you enough to know that you're one of the most important people in my life", he assures. Jungkook tightens his hold around his hand. "Thank you, Joonie", he says softly.

"Okay, now don't go all sappy", namjoon chuckles, a happy smile playing on his lips. "Okay", jungkook says with a small voice. He feels happy, beaming at namjoon with his large eyes.

"What's the surprise?", he asks after a while, restless. Its not a surprise if you know it, yeah?", namjoon teases, smiling when Jungkook huffs and turns to look out of the window.

After a few hours of driving, the car finally comes to a stop. Jungkook turns to namjoon, his eyebrows furrowed. He has never seen this neighborhood even though he has been living in Seoul for almost nine years now.

"Where are we?", he asks. "Busan", namjoon replies easily. Jungkook's eyes widen. "Joonie, what the heck? Shouldn't we be at the airport? Why are we in busan?l", he shrieks.

"You'll see", namjoon replies, unfazed by Jungkook's conflicts. "Joonie", jungkook whines. Namjoon shushes him. "Shh. Come with me", he says.

Jungkook sighs but follows hesitantly. After a two minute walk, they reach a house, fairly big but not much. Jungkook's eyes feel like they may fall out of their socket when he realizes where they are. His mouth hangs open.

"Oh my god".