Chapter 16: Deny

Chapter 16: Deny

Assuming hurts and that's what Naveen wanted to avoid. To get herself hurt.

Those words were like a blade riping her heart. And who would have thought that she was capable of feeling pain? No one. Not even herself.

Bakit ba kasi siya nag-assume in the first place?

"Congrats!" Franco beamed but Naveen noticed the pain that lashed in his eyes.

"Thank you, Franco." Riva gave him a quick hug. "Sayo din Naveen, thank you talaga."

Naveen smiled, hiding her emotion beneath. She never thought that pretending was that hard. "Wala yon, maliit na bagay."

"I already explained everything to him and I promise that I won't ever do it again. I won't leave him. No matter what." Riva turned to face Spade. "I love you, babe."

Naveen was staring at them. At him. Waiting for his response. Funny to think that in just a snap, her feelings turned upside down.

"I love you too." Spade gave her a peck.

Then their eyes met. Blanko. Wala siyang makitang emotion pero nalulunod siya sa mga tingin nito. Napaiwas tuloy siya bigla ng tingin.

Lying was not her expertise pero at that moment, lying was her only way to escape. "A-alis na ako ..kailangan ko na umuwi."

Pero parang may milyong boltahe na gumapang sa katawan niya nang hawakan siya nito. "Wag muna, ang aga pa oh."

"Oo nga Naveen, let's enjoy the party muna." dagdag ni Riva.

"Bukas ka na umuwi," mahinang sabi ni Franco, siniko pa siya nito. "Ayoko maging third wheel ng dalawang to."

The more na pinipilit siyang mag-stay, the more na gusto niyang umalis. If being with them for five minutes gave her so much emotion, what more kung magdamag niya pa silang makakasama?

"Pero kasi ..magre-review pa ako." Another lie.

Bago pa may makapagsalita, naglakad na siya paalis. Palayo sa field. Palayo sa kanila. Buti nalang at walang pumigil sa kanya.

And that's how her day ended. Dull and boring? Yeah.

But the overthinking was still there, playing around her mind. The train of thoughts about him and her fucked up feelings. Lots of why's and how's and when? Overthinking it may call, yeah.

Kinabukasan, back to reality. No more roaming. No more meandering. And what Naveen really hate from reality is the fact that she need to face her seatworks --whether she like it or not.

She had no choice. Final exam na next week. Kailangan niya yon matapos or else katapusan niya na.

"Punyetang accounting to, pahirap masyado sa buhay."

Another crumpled paper went to the floor. Cursing that subject from time to time was not enough to lessen her frustration.

"Punyeta talaga."

Naveen want to curse Luca Pacioli for inventing accounting. Kung sana ay nagkaroon siya ng brain cells gaya nito edi sana hayahay ang buhay. Kaso hindi.

Brain cells. Luca Pacioli. Brain cells. Luca Pacioli.

One specific person came rushing to her mind. "Franco?"

One big NO. Anong alam non sa accounting? Him having brain cells like Luca Pacioli was a big joke. Obvious naman, itsura palang. Baka nga mas malala pa ito sa kanya.