Chapter 5: Treat

Chapter 5: Treat

Naveen stared outside the window, thinking why the administration of this event chose Laguna over a lot of places near in Manila.

For the third time, she yawned. Madaling araw na siya natapos sa pagbabasa tapos sobrang aga niya nagising kanina. Thanks to the annoying guy beside her, all the plans that she have for this day got ruined.

Spade poked her, offering his left shoulder. "Tulog ka muna, partner."

"No, thanks." She turned her head back to the window. Gusto niya na umuwi. She also want to listen to some music but her phone was dead.

Other students around them seems enjoying the ride. The selfies, the groupfies and the chitchats all around the bus.

"Partner." Spade extended his hand, offering his airpods. "Share tayo?"

She can see Spade, the annoying guy beside her smiling widely as she took it and placed on her right ear. The music started after a few seconds of tapping his phone.

The Man Who Can't Be Move by The Script

"Going back to the corner where I first saw you
Gonna camp in my sleeping bag I'm not gonna move
Got some words on cardboard, got your picture in my hand
Saying, 'If you see this girl can you tell her where I am?'"

He started singing as she looked outside the window. The buildings, infrastructure, the road and the vehicles, Manila is really a modernized place.

"Cause if one day you wake up and find that you're missing me
And your heart starts to wonder where on this earth I could be
Thinkin' maybe you'll come back here to the place that we'd meet
And you'll see me waiting for you on our corner of the street
So I'm not moving, I'm not moving."

His voice was low but enough for her to hear him. She's not affected by the song, hindi naman kasi siya broken hearted kaya hindi siya makarelate sa kanta. Kabaliktaran naman nito ang katabi niya, his voice was cold and chilling. Mukhang kakagaling lang sa break up kung kumanta.

Tiningnan niya ito at sa pangatlong pagkakataon ay nawala na naman ang suot niyang maskara. His eyes. Those sad and empty eyes. Ano kayang nangyari sa kanya?

"Partner baka matunaw ako."

Naveen looked away. Bakit niya ba kasi ito tinitigan at bakit ba ang bilis magbago ng mood niya?

The next song was played, hindi niya alam ang title at hindi din siya pamilyar sa tono. But it was a good song, the composer clearly poured all the emotion on doing that. A heartbreaking song.

Naveen take a nap. Ayaw niya pa sana pero inaantok na talaga siya. After an hour or two, Spade wake her up.

"Partner gising! Naaksidente tayo!" He shouted right on her ears. Car accident? Naveen opened her eyes, looking back and forth. "Joke lang partner, andito na tayo. Gisingin na daw kita."

She sighed in relief and glance at him. Akala niya naaksidente talaga sila. What kind of joke is that? He just smiled awkwardly before going out.

Tumingin siya sa bintana at nakita ang mga schoolmate niya na naglalakad papasok. Mukhang siya na lang ang naiwan sa loob  dahil sobrang tahimik. Lumabas na siya at sumunod sa kanila.

"Partner!" Agad itong lumapit sa kanya at sumabay sa paglalakad. "Ang ganda dito para tayong nasa probinsiya."

He was right. Hindi siya familiar sa lugar pero dahil sa dami ng puno at walang buildings na nakikita, para nga silang nasa probinsiya. Though hindi pa talaga siya nakakarating sa probinsiya.