Chapter 1: Dion Café

Messed up. That was the accurate term to describe her room. Crumpled papers on the floor, lots of empty mug in the table, a bunch of papers that needs to be passed tomorrow and her with her loose shirt and pajama which she was using for the past two days, or maybe three.

Messed up. It wasn't just the state of her room, it was also her and her life. Naveen Zuerra. Her messed up life.

Binagsak niya ang mukha niya sa lamesa nang magkamali na naman siya sa ginagawa nitong worksheet. Another crumpled paper went to the floor.

Bukas na ang deadline nito at hanggang ngayon wala pa sa kalahati ang nagagawa niya or should she say, wala pa talaga siyang nasisimulan. Bukod don may mga tasksheet pa na kailangang ipasa at group activity na kailangang ipresent this week. College life supposed to be fun, right?

She grab her phone and checked the notification from her friend, Tasha. They were in a club, having fun for sure. She was invited to come yet she chose not to. She let out a sigh and put her phone back to the table. It was not the first time she refused the offer anyway.

Staring down to her blank ten columnar paper, she let out a sighed again. How would she finish this thing before this damn thing finish her?

Ah, she know a way. One easy way.

To shift!

She shook her head and extirpate the idea of shifting. It was not part of the option. Much better to say that she had no option at all but to take that freaking course.

She shut the laptop down and make sure that the files she's been working for two days or three have been saved. She got up, get the towel, slammed the bathroom door shut and finally she decided to take bath.

Wearing a gray shorts and a purple sweater with a 'don't mind me' mini text infront, she went outside her room. Holding her laptop with her left hand and her car keys on the right, she saw her mom watching a tv show. Her favorite drama. She did not bother to stop walking until the woman spoke.

"Gabi na, saan ka pa pupunta?"

"Magpapahangin lang." 

Lumabas na siya at hindi na hinintay ang sunod na sasabihin ng ina. Their cold treatment towards each other was no longer new, they used to be that way. 

Tumigil ang sasakyan niya sa tapat ng isang café. Dion Café. Her favorite homy type of coffee shop. Pumasok siya sa loob at dumiretso sa counter.

"The usual," sabi niya bago dumiretso sa isang upuan. Her usual seat. Sa sobrang dalas niya dito, saulado na ng barista ang order niya. 

"Coffee latte, ma'am." Inilapag ng staff ang kape sa table. Her favorite drink! 

She took a sipped before turning her laptop on. This place was her only escape, as always. Whenever she was here, no one can stop her from doing the things that she love. She opened the folder and click the file.

Smile crept on her lips as she started typing and weaving words. She stayed in her room for how many days and all she did was to drink a coffee and crumpled a paper. While here she is, feeling productive in only ten minutes of staying there. 

Her hunger to write was feed by the words she vomit. This is what she want, to be a novelist. And this is what she love to do, to simply write.

She wanted to tell that on her parents but she don't have the courage. She know them very well. Once they see any obstacle crossing her path, by all means, they will find a way to remove it.