Chapter 3: Coffee Latte

Manang Fe greeted them with a wide smile as she open the gate. The old woman is happy that Naveen finally bring a friend. Bukod kasi kay Tasha, wala pang ibang sinasama sa bahay ang alaga niya.

Pagkapasok, dumiretso si Naveen sa kwarto niya kasunod si Spade. She's not comfortable being with him and she hates the idea that they'll be working together as partners.

"Partner, sobrang tahimik naman dito sa inyo." Spade broke the silence, roaming his eyes around her room.

Naveen want to thank Manang Fe for cleaning her room. Nakakahiya naman kasi kung makikita ng kaklase niya kung gaano ito kakalat kanina. And geez, ano bang pakialam niya sa iisipin ng kasama niya?

"Galit ka pa din ba partner? Kung gusto mo papalitan ko nalang yung laptop."

Naveen rolled her eyes. "Laptop is not the issue. May pambili ako kung gusto ko ng bago."

Nilapag niya sa isang tabi ang gamit niya at pumunta sa left side ng kwarto. Her study area. Sumunod naman sa kanya si Spade.

"Kung hindi laptop mo, ano ang issue?"

It's either he is too dumb to get her point or he just don't know the importance of keeping.

"Have you ever lost something you tried to keep for too long?"

Her question made him remove the cheerful mask he's been wearing the whole time. She's not sure if it is only her but there is a sudden change in his eyes.

Is he reminiscing or what?

"Those files that I lost were the files I kept for too long. Replacing my laptop won't bring them back, I hope you get my point." Naveen explained.

She started opening the folder and reading the instructions. Spade remained silent, maybe trying to absorb what she said.

"Mag meryenda muna kayo." Pumasok si Manang Fe sa loob dala ang juice at sandwiches.

"Sakto gutom nako!" Spade cheerfully said, wearing back his mask.

Kumain muna sila bago nagsimula. The instruction was quite easy. Naveen tried her best to act nicely, really. Mabilis nilang natapos yon, thanks to her writing skills.

She want to shoo Spade away from her room, she still hate him. He was roaming his eyes around, looking at the bookshelves, in the frame on top of her bedside table -- in the wholeness of her room.Then his eyes were fixed in the laptop placed on her bed.

"I have a friend, IT student yon saka magaling sa computer. Baka matulungan ka niya."

She don't want to believe him but there's a part of her telling that atleast once, magtiwala naman siya. Maybe that friend of him can really retrieve her files .. her manuscript.

One word escaped from her lips. "T-talaga?"

He nodded. Hinawakan niya ng mahigpit ang laptop niya habang naglalakad papunta sa garahe. Spade insisted to use his car, ayaw niya pa noong una pero pumayag din siya nang sabihing ihahatid siya nito pauwi.

Just this once. She said to herself.

Pumunta sila sa isang subdivision at tumigil sa tapat ng isang three-storey house. A familiar face greeted them as they went off the car. Yung lalaking nag-uwi kay Spade that night ay ang taong nasa harap nila ngayon.

"You must be his classmate, I'm Neo by the way."

They shook their hands, went inside the house and stay in lounge. Naiwan silang dalawa sa baba, nasa taas kasi si Neo at kasalukuyang chinecheck ang laptop niya.