Chapter 20

My name is Fukuro

My name is Fukuro.

I am an owl and the almighty guardian of this-

Wait a minute.

I did this introduction last time, didn't I? Okay sorry, my bad. Let me do it again.

My name is Fukuro.

And right now, it's sunrise and I am watching over my lovely master Akaashi. For some reason last night, he went home to me with a sad expression and heavy heart.

He needs me right now and I am right by his side.

The big bright orange ball started to peek from the darkness, illuminating everything the sunlight touches. 

Since I didn't patrol the skies last night, I decided to do it now. I know it's unusual for owls to fly at this hour, but I also had the duty to watch over the town. Afterall, I am a brave guardian of the skies!

If you're asking me who appointed me for this job, I did because there was no one responsible enough to do this. Now, praise me for being a good owl.

I looked at Akaashi's sleeping face, he looked like an angel sleeping in peace. I hooted to say I'll be gone for a few minutes. I knew he couldn't hear me because he's sleeping but he's a psychic, he'll manage. 

He mumbled and shifted slightly on a more comfortable position. I gently nuzzled my face to his before flying off.

I felt the cool and strong wind glide against my strong and huge wings. The wind felt great against my body as I flew. The sun was there now, brightly shinning directly on my face.

"Stupid sun, being so damn bright in the morning." I mumbled angrily inside my mind. "This the reason why we fly at night."

The town was still sleeping apparently. It seemed peaceful and quiet, like it is when night, except its darker at night of course without that ultra bright sun to blind my enormous eyes.

Every time I would decide to patrol the skies at morning, I always had a habit to visit a certain human's nest. She had been really nice to me one time and basically she's my third favorite human.