Chapter 10

Today was the last day of classes

Today was the last day of classes. Tomorrow was the start of our spring vacation and after that we would return to school as second-years.

We made it to the Nationals back in January but Fukurodani lost in the competition's late rounds. 

The third-years told us to win the Nationals next year, they said they knew it would happen because they saw lots of potential in us first and second years. 

There were no more classes left for the day. The volleyball club decided for a last practice for the school year. 

"Bokuto-san!" I shouted as I tossed the ball to him. He jumped but unfortunately the toss hit his face. "Oi! What the heck Akaashi?! Did you do that on purpose?!"

"Yeah I did, Bokuto-san."

"Why?!" he looked like he was going to cry. "I'm just kidding, Bokuto-san."

"Jeez, Akaashi! I gotta say, you used the 'I'm just kidding, Bokuto-san' in the right time." Bokuto said loudly to my ear as he put an arm on my shoulders. 

"Want me to toss again to your face?" I threaten him. "Ten out of ten!"

I turned my head and saw Katsumi who was holding up a cardboard with the number ten written on it. "I knew it, you're all here. I came to the right place, afterall."

"Katsumi! Don't encourage Akaashi! He's easily influenced!" Bokuto shouted to his sister.

"I'm not easily influenced, Bokuto-san." I retorted. "Oh yeah? If I remembered correctly, Konoha managed to trick you!"

"Say Akaashi, what do you think Bokuto is wearing? Leggings or knee pads?"

Konoha asked me that question and I'll be lying if I say that didn't bothered me. 

Every time we would practice, I found myself staring into Bokuto's legs and only three words lingered into my mind, "Leggings or kneepads?"

When my curiousity won, I knelt in front of Bokuto and said "Bokuto-san, stay still." and with that I checked if he was wearing leggings or knee pads by lifting the hem of his shorts.