Chapter 57: Reito-Chi: Part 4: Mirrors

On the battlefield, there are no noble battles. When people fight for a cause, all that happens is different ideals pitted against each other. All sides believe they are right. They are prepared to end someone's life in a battlefield for their own purposes. Who is to say it is righteous? An old question that can speak over thousands of words. Because there will be a point where one must choose what to fight for. Will you be decisive and make the choice consciously? Will you steel yourself for what comes after? Choices always bear consequences.

And you will want to be ready when those consequences come. - Quote by artist DiaDoesComics.

[------]

A pleasant surprise this all is. Even I have yet to remember what exactly went down those years during Remire Village. At times memories felt like the winds current that gently took me away. Sigh....gaining divinity is not something to take lightly. It is something that comes with responsibility. How much I remember was blurry when I saw nothing but grief and anger cover Arisa's eyes when she saw the death she never wanted to come. But fate took the cruelest form ever on that day of the death she never wanted to happen. To save one life, another must be lost. That is the cost. For I remember when the cold grip of death took over the warmth of my slumber. Perhaps in the past, if I were given the chance to have a body of my own, I would have accepted with no hesitation. But as the years went by, alone in the cold grip of the void, I was able to have some time of my own.

I saw the mistakes I made in the past when I first arrived in this land, Fodlan. I cannot go back to the past to change my actions, but I must move forward and not look back. Perhaps that is why Edelgard and Serios clashed blades in ideals. My daughter, despite wanting things to return the way they were, it was not possible. Grief, sorrow, rage blinded her, and she created the Crest System to prevent another war from starting. But look where it led to. War. It felt like I was looking into the past once again. Edelgard, like my daughter, did not wish for anyone else to suffer the crudity and fate she did. Yet the methods she chose to pursue those ideals brought many consequences. It was almost as if the two women were mirrors fighting each other.

Once upon a time, perhaps I would have judged poorly. But through the years I lived as one with Arisa, I learned what the human heart is. Why humans cause war. How they can bring themselves up when they are beaten down. How they can work and come together.

Love and Kindness. Like the Azure Moon

Acceptance and Courage. Like the Verdant Wind.

Strength and Integrity. Like the Crimson Flower.

Forgiveness and Sincerity. Like the Silver Snow.

Truth and Humility. Like the Cindered Shadows

These are things I learned from all 5 house leaders. What it meant to be human.

Diary Entry: Imperial Year 1187: Blue Sea Moon: July 1st

[------]

"Ughhh.....What's taking so long?" Zander let out a loud groan as he had his arms crossed and stood with Kuza and Glenn at the gates of his town.

"Zander, I get you hate Beleth but you really need to shut up." Glenn looked ready to smash his head on a brick wall.

"Come on! They said they were here today!" The prince whined and Kuza let go of a sigh.

"Anyhow, you are right. They should have been here. L---!!" There was suddenly a loud neigh was heard and the three quickly got on guard.

Three horses came into view in the distance, frightened. On the back of two, were slumped two bodies.