Chapter 54: Reito-chi: Part 1: Frost Covered Land

The color of white continued for miles and miles as the sun rose in the horizon of the mountains. The snow falling gently, the sun's rays illuminating the capital of the place. Buildings made of ice and stone, as well as tents called a teepee, big and small. The people wore clothing made of animal skin and fur, keeping them warm. There were men that rode on sleds made of wood that were pulled by dogs of thick black and white fur. Children played with a few penguins that were passing by. The clothing and culture reminded Arisa of the native tribes in the arctic. Like the Inuit, Aleut, and many others. The Albinea's people form of speaking was different and was like the ancient language of the indigenous people. They were kind and polite, from her own experience and are proud of their culture. Arisa loved that. She remembers when one of the elder ladies tried to teach her to say a few words. Though, like usual, Arisa has trouble pronouncing words sometimes and the result is biting her own tongue. Flayn could not help but gasp in amazement as she took in the amazing view.

"This is Albinea?! How??! How on earth did you warp us all the way here?!" Flayn squealed as Arisa had buried her face into her hands.

"I am so screwed....I am so screwed.." Arisa kept repeating and looked up, covering her mouth with her right hand.

"You must have been desperate to get out of where we were held captive that your magic activated randomly and warped as to some random place!!" Sothis voice rang and she manifested herself as Mirabilis.

Flayn looked at her shocked as the fae waved to her and then turned back to Arisa.

"It's freezing! This cold is worse than Faerghus!! I hope the shop down there has clothing for us to buy for this weather!!" The goddess huffed and Arisa sighs.

"We're about two hours away from the capital. Flayn, what you see now, is the capital of Albinea, Utqiagvik. The native Albinea name means the place for gathering roots." Aris smiled softly as she looked back at it, "I came here with my father, and the others 6 years ago for a few jobs during my days as a mercenary. Sigh...." she shivered and quickly summoned her own cloak.

"How are the people of Albinea? What do they look like?" Flayn asked as they began walking down the hill carefully.

"Well...I think it would be better if you see for yourself." Arisa smiled softly and noticed the walk down the hill would take forever.

The girl looked around and grinned when she spotted an old sled near a tree. She quickly ran to it and untied the rope that was tied to the tree.

"What are you doing?" Flayn asked as she walked over to her.

"I just found us our ride." Arisa grinned as she pushed the sled and saw there was also the back part where she could stand to steer it.

Arisa pushed it and patted the cargo bed of the sled.

"Ever been on a sled?" She asked and Flayn tilted her head a bit.

"I have never heard of a sled. What sort of....carriage is this?" Flayn asked and sat down where Arisa patted her hand.

"A sled was designed to make it easier to travel through thick snow!!" Arisa grunted as she began to push it.

"Really? How does it work if there are no horses pulling iiiiitttttt!!" Flayn suddenly screeched when the sled began sliding down quickly.

Arisa ran quickly and jumped onto the footboard, her feet apart, her hands grabbed the handlebar. The girl couldn't help but laugh as Sothis shook her hand and faded back to her mind.

"This is how!!" Arisa yells as Flayn holds onto the top rails for life as the sled quickly sled down the hill fast.

"We should be able to make it to the capitol in about 30 minutes now!! Hold on tight!! This is going to be ride!!" She yelled as she steered the sled to maneuver around the trees.