Chapter 17: Eclipse: Noa

- Dream: 1,000 years ago -

Where the north wind meets the sea

There's a river full of memory

Sleep, my darling, safe and sound

For in this river all is found

In her waters, deep and true

Lie the answers and a path for you

Dive down deep into her sound

But not too far or you'll be drowned

Her voice sang so sweetly yet haunting as she sat at the edge of a cliff. Her curly dark green hair flowed gently in the wind as she looked up into the night sky. Her green eyes held a smile as she drew in her journal, she made using a tree bark. She smiled fondly as a shooting star passed by, fixing her glasses and....picking up a jug of wine and gulping it down.

"Hhyyaaaaa!!! I swear this wine is the best!!!" She smiled as she wiped her lips with the sleeves of her dress.

Nothing made it better when she was alone and studying silently. Except when she and her husband were alone and had...."their sessions". She continued to write until she heard small footsteps approaching silently. But she had the ears of a wolf when it came to hearing.

"Nice try Serios." She said and there was a small yelp as she bent her head back a bit and smiled at the young girl with mint colored hair and eyes, who pouted.

"I thought you would be asleep Noa!!! " Serios said and the woman now known as Noa just smirked.

"Oh my, oh my ~ liwwile Sewios thinks she can tell me when to sleep!!! Hahahah!!! Shouldn't it be the other way around? You're supposed to be asleep young lady!!! I'm not about to have mother scold me when she wakes up!!" Noa said as she stood up a bit to quickly and fell off the cliff, like usual.

"Noa!!!" Serios screamed and quickly backed away when she saw her sister had turned to her half human-half dragon form.

Noa sighed as she gently landed back to the ground, flowers blooming where her steps touched. She smiled as she made her dragon features disappear and was surprised when Serios hugged her tightly around her waist.

"I'm alright Serios. You should know I can just fly. You're a dragon too, you know." Noa said and sighed when she saw Serios was sobbing.

"You know I hate it when I see you fall off a cliff each time!!!!" The little girl sobbed loudly.

Noa groans but smiled softly as she gently cupped her sister's cheeks, wiping her tears.

"Serios, even if I fall off a cliff each time, I'll never leave you alone. I promise." Noa smiled softly.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

A promise that was broken by fate.

- End of Dream -

- Imperial Years 1169: July 25th: Blue Sea Moon: 19 days Before the Holy Blessing -

Emily groans as she sat up from her bed, her naked body was shown as the blankets slid down. Despite being in a human body of age 15 with a mentally of a 1000-year-old woman, she was glad at least some of her old features of her original body were there.

"Why now am I dreaming of my past?" She muttered as she gently got off her bed, slid her feet into her slippers shaded like sheep, and walked towards the restroom to bathe.