Chapter 21: The New Road: Part 2: Exam

- 2 Days later -

Just on top of a hill with Feh on shoulder and Red Hare, Arisa looked at the Garreg Mach Monastery. The hills held a greenery unlike any other. The monastery reminds her of Notre Dame in Paris. The town near the monastery was lively. She could see knights coming and an out. People of the church also. Children running and playing. Wyverns flying along with more pegasus. Looking at this scenery in person, the artwork from the game did not compare to the real thing.

"It's beautiful....." both her and Sothis whispered as they continued to take in the view. She took out the map she pick pocketed from Beleth 5 years ago and stared at it.

"I have...sigh...I have been wanting to see this place in person with my own eyes. Now seeing it, it's so much more beautiful than seeing it in a game." Arisa said as she closed the map.

Slowly, she rode Red Hare to the Monastery, and smiled as she saw the citizens going around. Before they entered, she used a spell to hide his wings because she I'd not want to be confused as a knight. She got off her horse and walked through the town first before she headed to the Monastery. The place reminded her of how lovely it is during the time in August, since it is almost the end of summer.

"Get you Book of Prayers here!!" A priest yelled from his stand as she walked by.

"Chocolate cakes!!" A baker yelled out from his stall.

"Come get your flowers!! Freshly picked every day!!" A kind plump woman yelled out.

"Feh, Sothis, Red Hare, let's get some flowers to show our respects." Arisa said and walked to the flower shop.

"Hello there!! Young traveler huh? I'm guessing you're in your coming of age journey huh?" The shop lady smirked, and Arisa smiled.

"Yes. I heard a lot about this town from my dad and wanted to come visit. Oh!! Can I get a bouquet of lilies, white rose? Also, I'll buy a few carrots and a bag of dried tuna." She said.

"Of c---- Kasdan get your head out of the book and go get me a new basket of carrots!!" The shop lady suddenly yelled to her son, who was sitting on a crate and reading a book.

"Oh, come on ma!!! Just let me finish this chapter on Morgan le Fey!!" Her son whined as he went back to reading his book.

The woman immediately brought her foot up and removed her sandal to throw at him.

"OKAY!! I WILL!! JUST DON'T THROW IT!!" And her son bolted to get the basket.

"No matter the culture or world I am, the chancla is the one universal thing everyone fears." Arisa sweat drops as Feh chirped.

Sothis was laughing at this as the boy came back panting and handed her a bag of carrots. The shop lady gave her the flowers along with the fish. Total was 13 bronze coins.

- 20 minutes later -

After getting a proper meal, she had gone to the stables to leave Red Hare there. Of course, the knight guarding the place asked her why she was here, and she responded honestly that she was here to take the medical exam. The man wished her good luck as she handed the reins to him. She also left Feh there with him. Before she went to register for the exam, she decided to visit the cemetery, to see her mother's grave. The girl let go of a shaky sigh as she made her way around the monastery. Everything was amazing, seeing it all in person. Just...the game was nothing compared to the real thing. For now, she avoided going to the cathedral and made her way straight to the cemetery. She saw a couple students there, praying to their loved ones. Arisa and Sothis were silent as they respectfully made their way to one particular grave. She used some magic to clean it up, revealing gold letters engraved into the white marble stone.