"What is this... Sherlock? My name is not Sherlock"

Start from the beginning

You didn't even realize that you were speaking in your head until Taehyung piped up again, his voice somewhat gentler this time.

Are you scared? he asked softly, his voice quiet and yet too loud, too clear for you to ignore, Scared of me?

Your eyes narrowed, your entire form turned rigid. You hated that word. Scared. It just gave you memories of chills down your spine, of terror so deep you forgot how to fight back, how to move. It reminded you of helplessness and curling in on yourself, all fire in you forgotten.

But yes, deep inside you, in a part you tried to keep hidden with scoffs and eyerolls and sarcasm, a little inkling of fear was beginning to well up in you.

And you hated it.

No, you snapped back at Taehyung, I'm just kind of in shock, is all.

You didn't realize you hadn't spoken, only conveyed the message over with your mind, until after you settled back down.

Okay, Taehyung was quick to reply, his voice now steady and even, Okay. Sorry.

Sorry? Hm. You supposed you could appreciate that.

"Right. So. About the sword," you easily diverted your attention to the bronze blade in front of you, running your fingers delicately over the hilt.

If I had to guess, the reason I keep getting pulled back in this gods be damned place is because the thousand years are not up yet, Taehyung sighed, his voice breathy and quiet, as if he himself was still unsure, and any contact with the 'living' world can send me back in here. But... I wouldn't know. Your world is strange. It appears I've missed a lot.

"Hm," you hummed thoughtfully, eyebrows furrowing in concentration as you tried to absorb everything Taehyung was telling you.

There was a spell of consistent silence for a moment as you wrapped the tendrils of hazy understanding around Taehyung's words. Finally, you sighed and broke it.

"This is insane," you muttered, half to yourself, "I shouldn't have to deal with this BS."

If it's any consolation, pretty one, I'd rather not be in this situation as well, Taehyung chuckled in an attempt to lighten the mood. Your lips quirked up, just a bit.

Clicking your tongue, you stood up, the sword still resting on the floor. "No sh*t, Sherlock."

You could almost see the confusion on Taehyung's face when he replied. What is this... 'Sherlock'? My name is not Sherlock.

You rolled your eyes and stifled a laugh at Taehyung's serious tone. Well, this was going to be ridiculous.

Rolling your shoulders, you stretched and prepared to go fix your hair so you could get out of your apartment and try to clear your mind. You didn't even think of Taehyung as you began to walk to the bathroom, only turning when you heard his alarmed voice ring in your mind.

Where are you going? he sounded nervous, a small tremble running though the deep chords. You looked back and stared at the sword with furrowed brows before a teasing smirk fell over your face.

"What, you scared of being alone?" you snickered, ignoring the current of irritation you felt threading your mind from Taehyung, "Don't worry, I'm just going to go out for a bit. Maybe get you some clothes so you don't walk around half-naked."

Ugh, just thinking of Taehyung's scarily attractive self made you shudder. It was much easier to talk to him when his hot face wasn't assaulting your vision.

Let me go with you, Taehyung suddenly spoke again when you began to turn away again. You snorted, raising an eyebrow even though you were fairly sure he couldn't see it.