Chapter 9

Dipper's POV:

mid July~

8:00 PM~

Today was a pretty normal day. Customers came and went. I talked with Soos and Wendy, Mabel was making friends with everyone that came out the door, Ford was out shopping for more food, and Stan was scolding at us for not working.

A classic Friday afternoon.

Right now I was at the cashier, reading a book, when a head popped up right in front of me.

"Hey Dipper! What'cha reading?"

"AH!" I screamed, falling backwards from my chair.

"Are you ok Dipper/Pine Tree?!" Bill and and Mabel asked while looking down from the desk.

"Yeah, I'm ok." I said, getting up and picking up the chair and book I dropped.

"Oh, hey Mabel! What's up?" I asked, noticing her concerned face.

She stared at me, for about five seconds, and then shook her head awake, "Oh yeah! I came to tell you that I'm going to have a sleepover today!"

Flashback to all the sleepovers from that summer.

I shuttered at just the thought of the word "glitter."

"It's not gonna be here, is it?" I asked nervously, backing away slowly.

"No silly!" Mabel laughed, "We're gonna have it at Pacifica's house. It's gonna be the BOMB!"

"Oh, ok. Good." I said with relief, going back to my book.

Mabel then put her hand on the top of my book and lowered it down, "Dipper," Mabel said, "I'm telling you this because I'm a little worried about you. Are you sure you're gonna be ok?"

"Yeah, totally." I answered with assurance, "Stan and Ford will be here any way."

"About that..." Mabel said, playing with her fingers, "They're not gonna be here either."

"WHAT?!" I yelled, slamming my book down to the desk.

"There's gonna be a big sale at the mall tomorrow, and Stan wants to be the first one there to get all the good stuff before it's gone."

"And Ford?"

"Stan is making him spend the night out there with him."

I facepalmed with disbelief, "So I'm really going to be home alone?" I asked nervously.

Mabel sighed, "I know you haven't been home alone in a looong time Dipper. But I REALLY want to go to this sleepover! Are you sure you'll be ok?"

I guess I won't be COMPLETELY alone. I have Bill, so I guess it'll be fine.

"Alright Mabel," I said, calming down, "We'll be fine."

"We?"

"I- I MEAN I! I WILL BE FINE!" I lied with a fake laugh.

"Ok..." Mabel said, seeming suspicious, "I'm gonna head out now. Don't forget to close the Mystery Shack!"

"Don't worry, I will!" I said as she headed out the door.

When she finally left I looked over at Bill, "Guess we're home alone now."

"Yup."

"What do you wanna do?"

Bill just shrugged.