Curious

Jungkook's pov

I headed to Namjoon's house and told the others to come. Tae couldn't because of his job. They all visited Namjoon and everyone was talking. We ate lunch together and I made sure to save some for Tae. He's been acting really strange for the past year and something is always telling me to protect him. It's like my heart and mind both want me to keep him with me. Safe. I can't explain. I'm definitely not that protective for our other friends, so I can't explain it.

He still lives with his dad, and that's the only thing he's ever said about his family. A month ago, Tae stopped going places with us, but he slowly got better. He told us that he was badly sick, but I didn't feel like that was the case.

We were eating and Hobi finally started a conversation. Not one I wanted to be a part of..

Hobi: "I'm worried for Tae." We all looked up at him and he shrugged.

Hobi: "He's always working so hard, and he's been acting really weird. For the past 10 years, he's never really acted like how he has been for the past year. I can't be the only one who notices."

Namjoon: "Your right. He's been more.. quiet?" I just nodded at what they were saying, hoping that it wasn't serious.

Jin: "That boy.. mood swings and everything... I hope it's not too serious." Jimin let out a nervous sigh and Yoongi listened well. Now that he was talking about it, it's all we could think of. It was an awkward silence, but Jin made it better with one of his dad jokes. I know, right?! His dad joke made it better? I'm just as shocked as you!

---

Tae's pov

It's 15:03 (3:03pm). I'm finally off of work for the day, so I'm gonna go home. I quickly grabbed my keys out of my pocket and fold my jacket. I work as a cashier. I get a decent pay, but I have to give half of it to my dad. If I refuse to, he beats me, and it scares me how serious it can get. I got in my car and started driving home.

When I got my home, I saw my dad asleep on the couch. He was surrounded by beer cans and cigarette buds. I grab the trash can and clean the clutter off of the coffee table. I take the trash out and head to my room. I folded my jacket up and set it on my bed. I quickly set my keys on my nightstand, following with my phone. When I looked up, I saw my dad in the doorway. 

Dad: "Come here, you bitch."

Tae: "W-What..?"

Dad: "GET OVER HERE." I flinched and nodded, quickly walking to him. He grabs my wrist and pulls me forward. His grip was so tight that it hurt. I winced in pain as he started yelling at me for no reason.

Dad: "WHERE IS IT?!"

Tae: "I-I don't know what y-you're talking about!" He punched me hard and I fell to the ground.

Dad: "Where the fuck did you put it, you whore?!"

Tae: "Put w-what, dad?!"

Dad: "Don't act dumb!" He started unbuckling his belt and I scooted back. He got down and grabbed my thigh hard, wiping me in the ass. I began crying as every sting got worse. His grip got tighter and he didn't stop.

Tae: "Dad! Stop it!" He whipped me a few more times and got up.

Dad: "Fuck you! I will find it!" He left the room as I was bawling. I rubbed at the outside of my thigh and hissed in pain. It burned everywhere he touched me. I don't understand why he has to get drunk.. does he not care anymore? What was he even looking for.. I started calming down as I laid there. 

I weakly got up and took a few deep breaths. It's only because he's drunk. That's all... it's not his fault. I don't want it to be.

I grabbed clothes and hopped in the shower. It was quick, but it made me feel a lot better. I stepped out and saw the fog on the mirror. I quickly wiped it with my hand and stared at my reflection. I had so many bruises... it was disgusting. I hated it so much, but I was afraid that if I tried to stop him, he might beat me worse.

I dried off and ran to my room. I gently closed the door, and got dressed. When I was finished dressing, I heard my phone go off and I quickly checked it. It was from Namjoon.

Joonie: "Tae. I'm here for you."

At first I was confused, and I re-read it a few times.

Tae: "Wdym hyung" he immediately responded.

Joonie: "You know you can tell me anything, right? We're here to support you."

Tae: "hyung, what's wrong?"

Joonie: "..Tae."

Tae: "What?"

Joonie: "What's been going on lately?"

Tae: "I don't understand.."

Joonie: "I mean... I really want to make sure you're ok. You've been skipping out on things because of work and sickness so much and.. I'm really worried."

Tae: "Joon. It's ok."

Joonie: "Is it? You've been so different for the past few months. Tell me what's going on."

Tae: "Joon. Please.. I'm ok, alright? You don't have to worry about me. I love you, hyung."

Joonie: "Alright... but if you ever need to talk, just know that we're here, ok?"

Tae: "Yes, hyung." I felt tears welling up as I avoided him. He sounded so worried and I didn't want to tell him anything. If they find out, they'll treat me differently. Like I'm some special angel or something. I don't want that to happen.

I sighed and looked at the mirror. My lip was split from the punch. It definitely hurt. I smiled and it stung. It was barely noticeable, so he didn't have to worry about it.

I gently rubbed my thigh where my father had grabbed me and it was sore. It was definitely bruised, but it was winter. It was easy to cover things up.. 

*bing*

My phone lit up and it was from Jungkook.

Jungkook: "Can you come over now?" I laughed at how eager Jk was and smiled.

Tae: "Sure"

I was wearing cuffed jeans and a black hoodie with white shoes. It was definitely comfortable, but not really my style. At least it kept me warm. I quietly walked down stairs and saw my dad sitting at the table. The smell made me feel sick as I watched him use his drugs again. It's usually the worst when he uses them..

I just shook my head and creeped out the door. I got into my car and drove off. Once I made it to Namjoon's house, Jungkook walked outside. He came to my car and hugged me tight the second I got out. I smiled at his cuteness and he dragged me in the house. Something was a little off, though.

Namjoon: "Hi Tae.."