Second Date

Jungkook's pov

We were driving to a cafe in downtown. Tae was sitting on my right and looked excited. Probably because I was paying this time... I peeked at his legs and slipped my hand on his thigh. He looked up at me, surprised.

Jungkook: "What are you thinking about?"

Tae: "We haven't been on a date in a long time. I've almost forgotten what it feels like." Tae pouted as he looked at me. I just let out a quiet laugh and smiled.

Jungkook: "You're so cute!" Tae smiled and looked out the window. He put his hand on Jungkook's, and intertwined his fingers, Jungkook following. We held hands for the rest of the ride and we finally got there. Our hands separated as I got out of the car. Tae quickly followed me, waddling in a goofy manner.

I laughed at him and he joined me in the cafe. We sat down at a table and ordered food. While we waited for the food, Tae was smiling big. The light shining in through the windows made him look godly as he felt happy.

No one's pov

After about 30 minutes, the boys head back home. It was a pretty casual date, they mainly just talked about life and troubles they had. It was nice to share with someone else and they appreciated how the other listened. 

Jungkook drove Tae home and left. Tae had started working again and needed to head to his job.

As usual, he had a crappy day. People telling him to find something in the back when there was nothing. You'd think you'd only have to say it once to get them to give up. Nope. There were even people who didn't like him because he didn't talk enough or something. It doesn't make any sense! Why should he talk to someone if they don't talk to him?? He didn't want to start a conversation, but that's just how it was for him.

When he got off his job, he was a mess. He looked tired. He was tired. His feet were aching. The second he got home, he threw himself on the couch and pulled his phone out. Jimin posted a picture on his social media. He was with the rest of the boys. Tae smiled when he saw Jungkook in the back, stuffing his cheeks with Ramen. He liked the photo and laid the phone his chest, staring at the ceiling.

He shut his eyes, trying to fall asleep, or at least rest. Then...

his father popped in his head..

---

"YOU'RE NEVER LEAVING THE HOUSE AGAIN!"

He began slamming into Tae as he laid on the ground.

Tae: "Jungkook...."

"Is that the fucking slut you've been seeing?!" He grabbed Tae's sides and kept going.

Tae: "STOP IT!"

Tae: "DAD, STOP!"

Tae: "YOU'RE HURTING ME!"

---

Tae's eyes widened as he woke up from the short nightmare. Everything was dark, and he began hyperventilating. He reached around the couch, searching for his phone. He grabbed it and checked the time. It was 4:00am.

He hobbled off of the couch and looked around with his flashlight. He flipped the light switch and everything was bright again. His eyes batted at the sudden brightness and he walked to a cabinet, grabbing wine. He poured it into a glass and stared at it, knowing he shouldn't drink this early.

He felt tears run down his cheeks as he thought about the dream... He started drinking the wine, but it got out of hand.

He ended up drinking the entire bottle and felt sick. He stared at the counter, just crying. He heard his phone ring and snapped back into reality. He took a few deep breaths and checked it. It was from Jin hyung. He quickly picked up, trying to mask his voice.