Bethany's Hope

A few days earlier in the town a day North of the City of Enzumin, the people we know slept well in the house Artemis designed for Maeve.

The young Princess kisses her wife softly on the forehead before trying to get breakfast ready.

"I'm not bedridden yet," Fiona gently grabs Nien's hand with a blushed smile on her face.

"Sleep more or you'll get ugly," Nien makes a stout face.

Fiona blows a raspberry and rolls her eyes, "I guess I'll rather be ugly."

Nien laughs, sits on their bed beside Fiona, and caresses the soft peachy skin of her wife, "You'll never get ugly."

Fiona blushes again.

"Because you can't get any uglier," Nien pulls Fiona into a warm embrace before Fiona could punch her in the face.

"I'm kidding, but I didn't fall for your outstanding appearance."

"Just wait until we're out of this honeymoon stage, I'll make sure your legs never take you out of bed while I'm sleeping."

"Why don't you do that while we're still lovey dovey?" Nien lustfully bites Fiona ear while she caresses Fiona's shape.

The young knight pushes her princess down onto the bed, "I would if I'm not pregnant with your child as well."

"Who cares about the customs? It's between you and me, and nobody else outside of this room."

Fiona scoffs and gets off the bed while fixing her bed hair, "I care because I'm a good Aarthian child."

"Are you saying I'm a bad Aarthian child for wanting to do it with the person I love?"

"Yes, and a pretty naughty one that because I'm pregnant," Fiona kisses her princess before quickly going out the door.

Nien chases Fiona down the halls, stairs, and to the kitchen.

"I got you," Nien wraps her strong arms around the knight.

"Stop it."

"Why... Oh. Hi mom," Nien greets Maeve while Fiona escapes to sit beside the three children.

Maeve chuckles at their loving actions and continues to breastfeed Asahi.

When everyone is seated around the food and enjoying the meal, Maeve says to Nien and Fiona, "Rayn and I are going to get their elder sister. May I leave Sina, Zeno, and Asahi with you two?"

"I think I should go with you two as well," Nien voices her worries.

"I was a warrior before I married your brother," Maeve lowers his gaze to the child in his arms.

"Also, I want to ensure the safety of Sina, Zeno, and Asahi when I leave. It doesn't mean I don't trust Fiona's abilities, I just rather over fortify here."

Maeve's ever so soft words always unnecessarily put their minds at ease.

"Madam," Rayn looks at Maeve with a heavy heart.

"Give me a little more time, okay?" Maeve shakes Asahi a little so he'll stay awake.

"My Queen, what should we do about the food supplies from Elven Ruins?"

"I'll try to see how we can contact the Young Masters while Rayn and I are in town," Maeve smiles softly and his green eyes gleaming with morning light.

"Remember, don't approach them." Nien sighs exhaustingly just thinking about the two brothers, "I'll do the talking."

"With this hair you're not," Fiona combs her fingers through Nien's messy silver hair.