Mother-in-law

"Where did he come from? Aren't all Elves massacred?" Nien grabs my wrist asking for answers.

"No! Mama!" Asahi wails at Nien.

Nien drops my wrist but her glare stays instentified.

Artemis helps me explain the situation, but he further adds that Alosrin was petrified and sent to Prince Niltiocles who rejected and sent Alosrin and his daughter back to Enzumin.

Now that I think about it, Alosrin wasn't initially intimidating until we met him with Nien.

I guess he figured some things out while on his way here.

"Man. My family is filled with horrible people," Nien blinks with widened eyes.

"Alright. Enough of this. Get your things. We're leaving now," Artemis says with an indifferent look and tone.

"Give me a moment to tell Fiona farewell." Nien rushes back to Fiona's study room.

Artemis steps aback and sits on the desk.

"Thank you so much," I try to hold in my tears. "Thank you for being my brother."

He gestures for me to come closer to him.

"Be strong, but remember that you're not alone," Artemis grabs my hand and put a bracelet of silver and emerald on my wrist.

Then a necklace, three pairs of earrings, an index and thumb rings, anklets, and into my arms are hair pieces and some jewelries for Asahi as well.

"Don't dress so poor. We are the Zummarians of Northwestern Dragon Mountains, so don't forget to show off where we're from," Artemis grins softly like a flower.

"I also left some clothes for you and my nephew in your room. So go get dress or else I won't let you send me off."

Artemis shoos me away before I could even thank him again.

In the study room, I am bombarded with a plethora of clothes and jewelries.

I shift through them and dress Asahi before myself.

Among all the piles of clothes, there's a full body mirror framed by flowers of gems and gold.

Everything is so beautiful and luxurious.

I wear something similar to how I used to dress in Asandria which is a traditional Zummarian dress.

And my hair pull back so I can wear a headdress to match the dress.

Once Asahi and I are done, we return to send Artemis off.

At the entrances stand the whole group, but Grandmama looks extremely pale and ghostly.

"Now that's a Queen and a Prince!" Artemis declares us from quite a distance.

Now everyone is staring and my heart begins drumming for a war.

"You're so pretty," the toddler compliments while hiding behind Alosrin's legs.

"Thank you."

"Zummarians will always like their extravagant clothes and jewelries." Alosrin comments without even batting me an eye.

"Of course. It's our character," Artemis answers. "And I'm sure you're just jealous that you don't have a cool brother like me."

"Are these the gifts you were building for his mother?"

"No. These are for Mae Mae, but I couldn't attend his wedding because I was sent here," Artemis answers Alosrin back in a bickering manner.

Then from behind Nien, Fiona pops out looking very embarrassed.