Return To Winterfell (Robb Stark x Reader)

Summary: You're a childhood friend of Robb's, returning to Winterfell after a long absence and he finds himself hopelessly nervous with anticipation.Sorry about the boring title, it's late and my brain has stopped working.A/N: This is my first fic for Robb in quite a while. I have missed writing for him... but I'm not sure how this one has turned out??

Word Count: 1111 (Why is this so satisfying?)

Warnings: None

Any feedback, comments or messages are very welcome and appreciated. I would love to know what you think of my little stories.

Robb stood there restlessly, his gaze trained on his boots that scuffled impatiently in the gravel, his empty stomach churning

Robb stood there restlessly, his gaze trained on his boots that scuffled impatiently in the gravel, his empty stomach churning... unsure exactly why he felt so ruffled... so fidgety, as your carriage came to a stop in the courtyard. It wasn't like he didn't know you, his childhood was filled with many fond memories of the times you spent together. There were countless weeks... months even, when you were sent to Winterfell from your home in the south, sent there by your Northern mother to learns the Northern ways of her childhood. She, as a young child, had been taken in as a ward by the Starks, when both her parents passed away, and she loved all four Stark siblings as if they were her own flesh and blood. And Ned must have felt the same way, because every family occasion worth celebrating, whether it be a feast, wedding or nameday, your mother was always included at the top of the guest list.

Careful to see that no one was watching, Robb quickly ran his fingers through his mess of auburn locks, wondering if he felt so nervous because this was the first time he had seen you in six whole years. You were both one and ten... just young children, when your carriage left Winterfell's courtyard for the last time, not that either of you realised it at the time. Shortly after you arrived home, your mother passed away and the visits dried up, and besides the occasional letter there had been no contact at all.

It was fair to say... even before he reached the age where girls went from annoying and disgusting to fascinating and beautiful, that he adored you. Whenever you were due to arrive, he would sit on top of the gates of Winterfell and wait until your carriage came into view, before excitedly jumping down to alert everyone of your arrival. When other girls would talk their usual girly chatter, he would internally roll his eyes... wishing he could run away to find either Jon or Theon to spar with in the training yard. But not you... he was completely invested in whatever you had to say, it was something about your infectious laugh and smile... your endless enthusiasm, that held the full attention of his young heart. And if something or someone ever upset you, he wanted to pick up your soft little hand in his and tell you it would all be okay... wishing that he was all grown up, just so he knew what to do to make it all better.

Even now, standing there in the courtyard, just thinking about that sweet sad little face of yours, brought a heaviness to his features, finding himself shaking it off with his favourite memory of you. It was during your last visit, when you came bounding uninvited into his chamber, barefooted and still dressed in your frilly little nightgown. Jumping up onto his bed you shook him awake, your voice loud and uncontained, the first light of morning filtering through his window offering just enough light to illuminate your lively features. "Robb... Robb! It's snowing... IT'S SNOWING! Lets go outside... We can have a snow ball fight." You had frightened the life out of him, but never had he seen you so excited... so happy, and even as a young boy of one and ten, he found your reaction adorable. Couldn't help but feel your joy... the sparkle in your eyes, the smile on your lips... it all filled his heart to the very brim. For him, the snow was nothing unusual... nothing he hadn't seen a thousand times before, but for you, a 'southerner,' who only ever visited during the summer months, well, it was completely fascinating and wonderful. And he could still remember with perfect clarity your delighted expression as you hopped across the freezing floor of his chamber, just to peer out the window and watch the snow falling from the sky.

With a deep breath, Robb's fingers fussed with the edges of his tunic, drawing himself from his little daydream at the prompting of his father's nudging shoulder. Snapping his gaze up from his boots in the gravel, the corner of his bottom lip was caught between his teeth when his father gestured for him to open up your carriage door, adding with just the hint of a grin, "One day it'll be your job to greet the visitors through these gates... So why don't you stop your fussing and open the door for Lady (YN)." And if Robb hadn't been so distracted by the task at hand, he would have noticed as his mother and father exchange an amused and somewhat knowing smirk.

With his fingers still gripping the edge of his tunic, he took the few steps between himself and the carriage, not even daring to look inside, then placing his palm around the handle, he took another deep breath. With eager, nervous, yet, somehow hesitant fingers, he pulled open the door and peeked inside, his breath lost on the sight before him. There you were fussing with imaginary creases down the front of your dress, your hands freezing in their spot as he opened the door completely. Looking up, he saw you take a visible breath, your lively and stunning (EC) eyes smiling when they settled upon his face, doing all kinds of sweet irreversible damage to his heart. Swallowing thickly, he offered his hand, surprising himself when he somehow managed to string an audible sentence together, "Lady (YN), welcome back to Winterfell... it's been too long."

Reaching across, you placed your hand in his, and as he guided you down the steep steps of the carriage, he noticed how warm... how right and at home your fingers felt within his palm. And when your feet reached the ground, he felt reluctant to let go... instead wondering how it would feel to pull you into his arms... wishing it was not improper to greet you with a soft kiss to your cheek. Though, he needn't have worried. When you pulled your hand from his gentle grip, you smiled. A smile he had always missed, but never realised just how much... a smile that warmed him to his very bones... and a smile he knew he would never grow tired of. But it was your words that you quietly whispered against his ear, as you boldly greeted him with an embrace, that left his breath catching in his lungs, and hope blooming in his heart. "Yes, I agree... It has been far too long... I have missed this place... but most of all, I have missed you."

"