Home To You (Edd Tollett/Dolorous Edd x Reader - Oneshot)

Credit to the Gif Creator

Summary: After years away from home, Edd returns to see the only girl he has ever loved.

This AU takes place in a perfect world where Edd survives the Battle of Winterfell.

A/N: This is the first piece I have written for Edd, I'm not sure how it will go, but Edd deserves a little love... don't you think?

Word Count: 2570 (Yes, I know, I got carried away again)

Warnings: A bit of angst and a bit of fluff, that's about it. Oh! and there are one or two references describing deceased bodies.

Any feedback, comments or messages are very welcome and appreciated. I would love to know what you think of my little stories.

 I would love to know what you think of my little stories

The journey felt as if it had stretched on forever. In reality, the trip from Kings Landing to the Vale was not a long one, nor was it particularly difficult. Well... not in comparison to the many other journeys Edd had been on in the past few years and yet it had seemed as though it would never end. But now as his eyes searched along the horizon, he could just make out the familiar outline of his old village, sitting still and quiet as the sun rose up silently behind it.

Edd breathed in the crisp morning air, the old familiar smell of dew-covered grass so sweet and fresh, filled his lungs, making him smile. Never did he think he would smell that smell again... and never did he think he would miss it as much as he did. You on the other hand... now that was different. Edd had always been sweet on you. For as long as he could remember you were the one who would steal his thoughts away, the one he found his mind lingering upon during the cold lonely nights at Castle Black.

Leaning down, Edd ran his hand along the neck of his horse, giving her a scratch amongst her mane, she loved it when he did that, "We're almost there girl, not much longer now." It was hard for him to comprehend being so close to home... he never expected to make it out of the Long Night or the fiery inferno that unfolded at King's Landing... but here he was alive and breathing... and so close to the only girl he had ever loved.

 and so close to the only girl he had ever loved