Carrying Jaime Lannister's baby would include (Headcanon)

Credit to the Gif creator

Warnings: None

A/N: Please feel free to send me a message or comment, I would love to know what you think.

• When you first tell Jaime you're carrying his baby, he takes a step back from you, completely taken by surprise.

• The next moment he pulls you against his chest placing a gentle hand to the back of your head, still in disbelief as a tender smile spreads across his lips.

• 'Finally,' he thinks to himself, 'A baby I can call my own.'

• Placing his fingertips to your chin, he looks lovingly in your eyes, "That's wonderful news, my love."

• You find that he is a lot more careful with you now, always conscious of hurting the baby.

• Lovemaking is much more gentle and sweet.

• You thought he had always been fiercely protective of you, but now... my goodness!

• He didn't often say it, but he loved your growing belly.

• You would often find his hand coming to rest over your belly button, giving it a loving rub as he rested his cheek against your head.

• When the baby kicked against his hand for the first time, his smile spoke a thousand words. It was full of joy, pride and love, for both you and the growing life inside of you.

• On more than one occasion when he thought you were asleep you caught him talking sweetly to your growing bump in the middle of the night. "Hello, little lion, you're jumping around a lot tonight, you're going to wake your sweet mother." Making your heart melt each and every time.

• Your Maester became your most frequent visitor, Jaime wanted to ensure everything was going to plan.

• He was surprisingly very attentive to your every need. Making sure you were eating and feeling well, even preparing your medicine when you were overcome with nausea.

• Bickering sweetly over names.

• Bickering sweetly over the gender.

• Loving to watch you talk and sing to your belly as you sit in your favourite chair by the window. He would remain in the doorway, unable to take his eyes from you, until you would turn around and smile at him.

• As the due date draws near, he jumps at every sound or sudden movement you make, wanting to know if it's time.

• When the day does finally arrive, he provides you with so much strength and support. Refusing to leave your side for even a moment.

• So many words of encouragement.

• Being truly in wonder and feeling complete pride in you. Amazed at your endurance.

• Keeping you cool with a damp cloth.

• After such a long and seemingly difficult labour, the sound of his baby's loud and healthy cry has his heart flooding with relief. You had both made it through safely.

• When the Maester laid the lively little bundle to your chest, he knew there could not be a more beautiful sight in the world.

• Looking up at him, you gave him the most breathtaking smile, as you placed the now peaceful little soul into his waiting arms, never expecting to feel so proud or smitten by such a defenceless and helpless little person.

• Barely able to believe that this perfect little lion was his, his to hold, his to love, his teach and his in both body and name.

• Looking back up to you, he felt emotions he never knew existed, but how could he begin to thank you for giving him a child of his own

• He didn't know, but as he leaned down to kiss you, he knew he would spend his whole life trying.

Please feel free to send me a message or comment, I would love to know what you think.