The Tolling In The Tower - Part 2 of 2 (Jaime Lannister x Reader)

Credit to the Gif creator

Jaime has never loved anyone the way he loves you, to him, you are the single most important thing in the world. So what happens when his father, the only person standing between Cersei and your safety, dies.

Word Count: 3505

Warnings: Mostly angst. Some violence and a tiny bit of fluff.

Any feedback, comments or messages are very welcome and appreciated. I would love to know what you think of my little stories

With haste, Jaime made his way down the passage to your room

With haste, Jaime made his way down the passage to your room. The night was late, the candles along the walls had been burning for hours and before long their wicks would extinguish in a puddle of their own wax. And it was Jaime's hope, that in this late hour, everyone would be fast asleep and the cover of darkness would shield your escape out the back tunnels of the Red Keep, where a horse awaited you both.

It had been just two days since his father had died and in a panic, he wanted to leave straight away. As much as he knew Cersei would grieve for their father, he also knew with certainty that her grief would not stop her from getting to you... All these years and all the suffering you had endured at the hands of his family would not be enough to satisfy her jealous beast... And so with the sound of the bell still tolling in the tower, Jaime left you locked in the safety of your chamber as he searched the Red Keep for Varys... the only man left in all of King's Landing that he trusted enough with your life. Yet, Varys was nowhere to be found... any trace of him disappearing the very moment Tyrion escaped onto the boat... leaving him with no one but himself to trust.

Jaime had nowhere to take you, Cersei had locked the city down... no ship could leave the docks without her guards searching through every dark and dingy corner. Every Inn, every brothel, every business was being turned upside down every day, looking for Tyrion, but he had to get you outside of King's Landing. The only place he could think to take you was North, hoping that the family of your late husband might take you in. He didn't care what happened to him... they could send him packing or kill him for all he cared... as long as they took you in and kept you safe.

 as long as they took you in and kept you safe