Trueborn Part 2 of 3 (Jon Snow x Baratheon Reader)

Credit to the Gif creator

Summary: (YN) is the only trueborn daughter of King Robert and Cersei. Growing up she spent a lot of time at Winterfell, falling for a particular curly dark-haired boy. When responsibilities and circumstance separate them they think its forever, but little did they know after a string of tragic events their live's would once again come together for a reason which they are still to understand.

Word count: 3987

Warnings: Some Angst

A/N: Originally I had only planned on 2 parts, however, I've decided it needs 3, hope you enjoy. And sorry it's taken so long to get this second piece out.

Please feel free to let me know what you think via message or comment, feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Jon rolled over and rubbed his eyes, still sleepy and not quite ready to get out of bed. It had been a strange night, tossing and turning, full of weird sporadic dreams, all of which had him waking up at regular intervals. 'Why?' He thought to himself, 'Why (YN)?' Of course he had thought about her over the years, thought about her a lot, missed her, written her letters, letters which he found himself tossing into the hearth rather than tying to the leg of a raven, yet, never had she played on his mind quite like this before. Well, at least not since he received word of her death. That news had made his world crumble, brought all his buried regrets barrelling to the surface, staying with him for weeks, until he slowly began to bury them away again. Then yesterday, out of the blue all those regrets started itching, driving him mad until he began scratching at their fragile surface, leaving them playing on his mind until he went to bed, only to find himself dreaming about the very day that breathed life in to them.

Jon remembered the night well, as if it were only yesterday. It was the evening of the King's feast to celebrate the arrival of (YN)'s father and family and welcome them to Winterfell. Just minutes before the feast was due to start she came bursting through the doors out into the courtyard, completely lost in her own thoughts with seemingly no idea of where she was going. Even when Jon called out her name she didn't hear him and it wasn't until she blindly ran into his arms that the outside world broke through to her. The moment she stopped and lifted her gaze to his, he felt his heart jolt with panic. Never had he seen her so upset... yes, she could be a little hot headed... yes, she could be impulsive, but looking into her expressive (EC) eyes he could see she was close to tears and that was something he had never seen.

Standing there a moment with his arms still wrapped around her, he felt the coolness of her bare skin, the southern style dress she was wearing being far too light and revealing for a northern evening. How he wished he could leave her wrapped in his arms, warm her up against his body, she felt so good there, but it could never be. Reluctantly, he took a step back and asked her what was wrong, addressing her as 'Princess (YN),' she hated it he knew, but he hoped that maybe she would turn around with some smart quip bringing a smile to her beautiful lips. But no, instead she spoke with a fragile voice something to which he was simply not accustom, sending his heart racing, yet still he tried to lighten the heaviness of her mood. Taking his cloak from around his shoulders, he wrapped it around her shivering body and made some silly comment about her being upset with having to wear a dress. But again, his efforts proved useless.

So he stood there and waited... his eyes fixed to hers, trying to read what was going on behind those beautiful distracting lashes, his own head filled with questions and concerns, feeling the need to take her back into his arms and tell her everything would be okay. Never one to hold herself back, (YN) came straight out with the cause of her distress, though Jon noticed how she bit down on her bottom lip as if to stop it from quivering, "My betrothal to Robb is now official, they are going to announce it at the feast."