Change of Plans (Tyrion x Reader Imagine)

Credit to Gif Creator

Summary: Tyrion meets the reader for the first time and finds himself completely taken by her.

Word Count : 2174 (I only planned on 1500ish words, so I don't know how this happend)

Warnings : Little bit of angst towards the end.

A/N : I'm not sure how this one will go, but Tyrion deserves a little bit of love, so I hope you enjoy.

Please feel free to leave comments and feedback, it will help me to improve.  

Tyrion was almost running down the great stone hallways of Winterfell, in a rush to get out of the place, he was finding the King's feast quite stifling. Not that the Starks were bothering him in any way, in fact, even with their harsh northern ways he found them quite welcoming, charming even. With a bottle of Dornish wine, gripped tightly in his hand, he lifted it to his mouth in a hurry, as eager thoughts of making his way to the Winter Town brothel, ran through his mind. There his gold could buy him a few hours of local entertainment, but more importantly, a few hours of peace from the spiteful, disapproving glares of his wretched sister, he really preferred not to be in her presence, if he could ever help it. So, after an excruciating hour of putting in an appearance at the feast, as his duty required, he found himself slipping out of Winterfell's great hall, making hast down the vast hallway, leading him towards the exit and into the cold, refreshing air, which the northern night offered. However, his plans abruptly changed, the moment he swung the door open, being so tense and in such a hurry to get out of the place, he pushed on the door with such force that he surprised himself. At the best of times, he struggled to push a door of that size and weight open and yet, in that unfortunate, or actually rather fortunate moment, the door flew open, before coming to an abrupt stop and swinging back, almost hitting him in the face.

This time with more care, he inched the door open and stepped out into the dimly lit courtyard, where his eyes met with the cause of the door's obstruction, making his heart speed up in panic. Throwing his bottle of wine aside, to the cold and dusty ground, he rushed to the aid of the beautiful stranger, who was currently lying flat on her back, starring up at him with stunning, but understandably stunned (EC) eyes. "Oh, pardon me my lady, please, let me help you....I didn't mean to....". Offering out his hand, she took it and pulled herself into a sitting position, the contact sending a jolt of energy flickering in his chest. Tyrion was finding it difficult to find words, his usually quick and charming wit, lost somewhere amongst the fluster swirling around in his mind.

Taking her by the elbow, Tyrion fumbled and struggled about, trying to help her to her feet, being brought to ease at the sound of her sweet laugh and calming voice, "It's okay Lord Tyrion, there is no need to make a fuss, I am unharmed".

With her soothing and relaxed manner, Tyrion collected his thoughts, able to form a full sentence again, "Well, still, I'm sorry, My Lady", then with a charming smile, he continued, "You know, it's not every day, that I sweep such a beautiful woman off her feet, that is usually reserved for my brother Jaime". With a glorious smile, she picked herself up off the ground and began to smooth down the front of her dress, the light from the torches on the stone walls falling upon her face, allowing him to truly see her for the first time and the sight was breathtaking.

With an amused smile, she tucked her silky (HC) locks behind her ears, "Well, I wouldn't make a habit of it if I were you, maybe leave the sweeping to your brother and simply say 'hello' instead".

Tyrion gave a genuine laugh, her quick response sending a flutter through his chest and as he gave a single nod of his head, he replied, "Yes, I think you make a good point, I shall keep that in mind for the future". Then he shuffled somewhat restlessly on his feet, eager to keep the conversation going, "I must apologise, you know my name, but I do not know yours. Surely, we have not met before, I could not imagine forgetting such a beautiful face."