Part 27 "Choices are never simple"

En başından başla

"-where there will be live footage of you Calum. In case you make a wrong move" she smiles, flipping the dagger in her hand and sending a look at Calum who's chest was heaving up and down. You knew what he was thinking, he didn't like Tayla with a dagger near two most important people in his life, where was this going?

"It will be showcased all over the world and everyone will be able to see it if I say so. Let's get to what you have to do" she starts walking around you and Mali, your eyes wandering wherever she goes. Calum was shifting uncomfortably, his dark eyes were flickering of worry.

"I need to find the rest of your village, they hid well, too well for my liking and you're gonna have to tell me exactly where they are and how to get there. And don't try to trick me, it won't end well" she winks at him. You and Mali were moving around, still trying to somehow escape, but it was hopeless. She stops suddenly, right behind you. The next moment there's a blade right next to your neck which made you gulp, your eyes glued to it. Calum growled at the sight, but Tayla didn't shock him this time, probably because he was the one playing this stupid 'game'.

"It'll be okay Willow, I won't let her hurt you" his words echoed in your head, your eyes meeting with his soft gaze, giving you the smallest bit of security. Tayla inspects Calum, then moves the dagger from you, a small sigh leaving your lips in relief. She goes over to Mali and looks directly at her and Mali returns the gaze, unphased by Tayla.

"You always irritated me the most" she bends over and whispers that to Mali, while Mali sends her a death stare, her eyes now glowing.

But the glow disappears just as fast, because Mali wasn't the one to give Tayla the satisfaction. Tayla mutters something you couldn't quite hear and goes over to where she originally stood, behind you and Mali, right in the middle.

"So Calum, what is it going to be. Are you going to tell where everyone's hiding or would you rather choose who will I kill out of these two?" Tayla smirks, staring Calum down. This was the realest time he was lost. Completely. The silence filled the room, but you and Mali needed to talk to him.

"Calum you can't tell her" you said.

"That's a thousand people she will hurt and use, you can't let her win!" Mali agrees with you.

"But what about you...? I can't do this..." he bites down on his lip, looking away with furrowed brows. You took a good look at him, his three birthmarks along the line that curves when he smiles. His bushy, black eyebrows that made his expression even more better, his plump lips that were in a thin line, but how much did you prefer when they were smiling. His defined jaw that was clenched as he was thinking about maybe the most important decision in his life. The mess of black curls on his head that had some direction, but were wild that you loved to play with. And lastly the darkest, brown eyes you've seen in your entire life, maybe they were dark, but still brought happiness to you whenever you looked at them. He was the same old kid who you fell in love with not so long ago, the same alpha that won once, but it's hard to bring the same fight again. The tattoos you loved to outline when you layed beside eachother, his toned skin, words can't describe how much you'd miss him. But it would be for the greater good and that is what's the most important. You're sure Mali was thinking the same, her younger brother, a person she knew all her life, a person she looked upon, it hurt her just as much as you to see him like this. It all piled up with Ashton's death... Maybe you should go.

"What is it going to be Calum?" Tayla asked fake-yawing as if to say he was taking forever.

"Choose me" you told him.

"Not a chance, Calum don't do that, say me" Mali sent you a glance.

"This is my decision" he diverts, looking at both of you. You could've sworn you saw his eyes become glossy for a second. You haven't seen Calum cry in almost five years, but he wasn't going to cry now.

"I'll kill them both Calum, in fact I'll kill your friends in the other room too if you don't answer me right, now" she growled at the last two words. Calum looked ahead, still at the floor though, then took a sharp breath. He looked at you and you swear you would have started crying if he looked at you like that for a second more. Then he looked at Mali, just the same and you could tell she wasn't holding up too well either. He then fixated his gaze on Tayla, but it was a furious look, he hated her, no, despised her.

"I choose...