𝔼 ℙ 𝕀 𝕊 𝕆 𝔻 𝔼 𝔼 𝕃 𝔼 𝕍 𝔼 ℕ 𝔸 ℕ 𝔻 𝔸 ℍ 𝔸 𝕃 𝔽

THE POCKY GAME

Saturday, September 3rd, 2020

.                               ~                            .

Larissa typically didn't have restless nights. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that she wasn't in her own home. Or maybe because she wasn't in her own room with her bed and cat. Or maybe because she was too busy trying to get over the feeling Veronica left Larissa with every time they came into contact with each other. Whatever it was, it left her quite delirious and scatterbrained when she woke in the middle of the night. . .
~

      Larissa suddenly sat up, her eyes adjusting to the darkness that surrounded her as she clutched onto the blanket that was barely draped across her body

      Larissa suddenly sat up, her eyes adjusting to the darkness that surrounded her as she clutched onto the blanket that was barely draped across her body. She couldn't tell if she had moved in her sleep or if she had woken anybody up, but found herself unable to breathe properly and wishing she could empty the contents of her stomach. Unfortunately, throwing up was out of the question, and a bathroom run wasn't needed. She couldn't recall a nightmare, or any type of dream for that matter. So she didn't understand why she woke up so early in the morning with such a start. It couldn't have been too long though. The TV was still on, the 'IT' title screen running over and over again and the sun hadn't even begun to rise yet.

      Maybe she was hungry. Maybe that was why her stomach felt so heavy, and yet, so bloated at the same time. She moved her hands about the room, feeling for a wrapper or open chip bag. She got lucky, and was able to land on an open bag of gummy bears. Maybe not the healthiest idea, but it wasn't like she had much of a choice. Plus, she just wanted to go back to sleep.

      Woefully, that wasn't a wish to be granted, her stomach seeming to flutter worse than before upon shoving a handful of gummies into her mouth. She rolled her eyes, and as quietly as possible crawled out of the fort and raised to her feet. Maybe she would just have to force herself to throw up. It would be quick and easy, then she could finish her now flat Monster and go right back to sleep.

      For half a moment, she went to wake Veronica up, but soon convinced herself not to. It would be embarrassing asking where the bathroom was, and even worse, should Veronica ask why she needed to go at such an odd hour. Scarlet, who had been giving her facts about the place and customs since Larissa had arrived, was the girl's next bet. 

      But before she could even whisper her name, Larissa didn't have to look at Scarlet long to realize she was a heavy sleeper. And Larissa knew how much she herself hated being woken up early, so she didn't want to do the same to someone else. Even if that meant having to wander a dark and rather large house on her own. She left the room, almost immediately met with a sea of darkness. She stared ahead, letting her eyes adjust to the even darker environment before steadily creeping down the hallway. Even though the floor was carpeted, she felt as though every step she took would result in a loud creaking sound and that she weighed more than a ton. She kept going, keeping her steps moderate and as quiet as possible.