𝔼 ℙ 𝕀 𝕊 𝕆 𝔻 𝔼 𝕊 𝔼 𝕍 𝔼 ℕ

MUTUALS

Tuesday (Night), August 23rd, 2020

.                          ~                           .

One would think that it's fairly obvious Larissa didn't exactly care what people thought about her. But, having that mentality (which was rare for anyone to have at all) didn't mean it would stop all of the judging and assuming. It seemed to prove very difficult for her name to stay out of other’s mouths. Whether it be shit-talk or praise, for that matter. . .
~

      “So, that new girl who babysits?” Victor started

      “So, that new girl who babysits?” Victor started. You could hear in his voice how little he seemed to pay attention to her presence. “How is she? Or. . .who, rather?”

      Rosa gave him a light slap, shaking her head as she spoke next. “Oh my gosh, her name is Larissa. She's a sweet little girl that comes by and babysits our kids, how did you not know?” Victor only chuckled as Eugene spoke next, ripping off his headphones. 

      “She's hot is what she is. But she's got, like, no social media. None. She's like a ghost.”

      Billy and Freddy shared a knowing glance. More or less, they were the ones babysitting her whenever she swung by for tutoring. And you could only imagine what chaos ensued when she was supposed to be the one watching Darla or Eugene. They were lucky Pedro was old enough to at least know better. Speaking of, Pedro was next to share a thought.

      “I mean, she’s okay. Wears all black like she's Batman or something…”

      “Hey! What's wrong with Batman!?” Freddy laughed.

      “Oh! Controversy!” Victor joked and Rosa smiled. 

      “Well, I think she's very pretty!” Darla gushed and Mary nodded, swallowing her bite of food before adding, “Oh my gosh, I finally got her to let me try out new makeup looks on her and let me tell you…!”

      Before she could finish, it was Rosa’s turn to gush over the girl. “Mija! And you didn't get pictures!?”

      “Okay, yeah, she's pretty, oooh!” Freddy interjected with sarcasm. “She likes superheroes too, don't you know?”

      “You're only bringing that up ‘cause you like her.” Billy scoffed, playing with his food as Darla began to tease. 

      “Freddy’s gotta crush! Freddy’s gotta crush!”

      “Ah, well, this is news to me! Freeman, spill!” Victor encouraged.

      The poor boy, who was now put on the spot, went red-faced. “Hey-hey, wait, no, it's not like that. She just- I'm just glad she shares my knowledge for superheroes like I do because-because no one else really does, y'know?”