Omniscient 15 ◇

Chapter 15- Time, Changes I.

Three weeks had passed, Juhaun had started his little sessions with Jeremiah and was improving. Sam and the family grew closer, especially her and Jeremiah, and as for Sam and Gabriel, they were still trying. Leah had apparently improved on her attitude. Everyone wanted it but it honestly crept them out. Her being nice had them on edge, waiting for her to snap again.

Sam sat with Jeremiah while he went through some papers. Jeremiah was literally waiting for Sam to interrupt him as he was used to always being interrupted when doing his work but Sam sat there minding her own business.

She got up.

"I'm gone," She said.

Jeremiah dropped his papers and looked up.

"Where are you going?"

"I don't know, away from here. Juhaun's sleeping and you're doing work. I'm not gonna' sit here lifeless," Sam said, giving Jeremiah a pointed look.

"Don't you have work too?" he asked.

"I closed the bakery for a week. I had no orders for this week so I gave myself and my employees some time off."

"I'm gonna be lonely if you leave," Jeremiah said.

"Don't people usually want to be alone when they work?" Sam gave him a look.

"I'm almost done. Wanna go somewhere after?" Jeremiah asked.

"Okay but you can't leave Juhaun here," Sam replied.

"Mom's suppose to coming over," Jeremiah said.

Sam shrugged.

"How did that talk go? You don't seem enthusiastic about her like you once were," Jeremiah said.

"Things change, finish your work. I'm waiting," Sam said, plopping back beside him on the couch.

"I'm hungry, where is the food?" Sam groaned.

Jeremiah laughed.

"You just ordered it, Sam'Riyah," He said.

"You're the one who had me all over the place. If you told me we were going shopping, I would've ate more than a snack. You shop like a woman, what do you do with that much clothes and shoes?" Sam cursed.

"I have an image to keep up. Come on, you shop as much too. You have as much bags as me," Jeremiah said.

"I mean, I got to spend your money. Why wouldn't I?"

Jeremiah laughed.

"Wow. You could've max out my card!"

Sam laughed.

"You're over exaggerating! Shut up, I'm hungry." She pouted.

Jeremiah chuckled and eyed her lips.

"You look so cute when you pout," Jeremiah said.

"Cute is for babies and if you haven't realized Mr. Jeremiah, I am a grown woman." Sam rolled her eyes.

"Whatever-" Jeremiah got cut off by a woman coming over. She was a Caucasian blond.

"Jeremiah? Leah's fiancé?" she questioned.

"Um, yes?" Sam and Jeremiah gave each other a look.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"Having lunch with a friend and you are?" Jeremiah asked.

"Amelia, Leah's friend. We go to the gym together. I find it funny how Leah says you're so busy that you barely have time for yourself or her these days, but from what I am seeing, you're pretty free. Do you know that you're hurting her?" Amelia gave him a look.