Chapter 18

Grace's POV

I ran to the room where I met Cornelia. I couldn't see him because she was shielding him with her body. I slowly approached him holding my stomach while my heart was thumping loudly against my chest.

Cornelia was talking with him and I could hear his voice until I showed up in front of him. He looked so healthy now and I couldn't be more happier about it.

I hugged him tightly. I missed him so much. He is finally awake and with me. We are together again and I won't let anything to happen to him.

''You are finally awake, love. I missed you so much.'' I said as I started crying.
He looked at me weirdly before looking at Cornelia.
''Who are you?'' He asked suddenly. To say I was shocked is understatement.
''David, what are you talking about?'' I asked cupping his face.
''I don't recognize you. Have we met before?''

My bottom lip started trembling and I was on full blow crying. How can he not remember me? I'm his wife and the woman he loves.

Cornelia hugged me immediately and pressed the button for doctor to come. I don't understand. How did this happen? I was sobbing in her chest until doctor came with a nurse.

''What happened?'' He asked.
''My son doesn't remember his wife.''
''My wife?'' David said widening his eyes in shock which made cry more.
''It's probably short term amnesia. You don't need to worry too much. He will recover soon, but it's going to take time.'' Doctor explained as nurse checked on him.

When everything was fine, how could this happen? The love of my life is not remembering me or our baby. He doesn't even know we are going to have a baby.

They went outside of the room leaving us three inside. I pulled away from Cornelia and looked at David. He was looking at me in disbelief.

''How can't you remember me? What did I do wrong?'' I said shaking my head.
''When did I get married? And why?'' He said cringing a little.
''We are married for more than four months. I'm carrying our baby.'' I said as I put his hand on my bigger stomach.
''We are having a kid too?'' He shrieked.

That made me cry again. How can he act like this? I still can't believe this happened.

''How can you not remember our baby?'' I croaked. His face was slightly worried when he saw me bawling my eyes out.
''Sorry.'' He said feeling guilty probably.
''I can't bear this anymore.'' I said as I got out of the room.

I sat on the chair in the front door and bodyguards gave me worried look. Soon Cornelia came out of the room and sat next to me taking my hand.

''I can't take this anymore, mom. It really hurts.'' I sobbed.
''You are very strong, my dear. You heard the doctor. It's short term amnesia. In a few weeks everything will go to normal when he remembers you.'' She said as she caressed my hair.

''I feel like everything took wrong turn for me. Why can't I be at peace for once?''
''With difficult paths, you always come to great things. You need to have strenght to endure this then everything will be okay. You need to be careful about the baby too.'' She consulted me.

She is right. I need to take care of my family. If I won't, who would? I need to have patience and I would endure this successfully. I nodded at her words and got up.

I entered David's room alone and approached him then sat on the bed close to him.
''I'm sorry that I reacted like this at first, but it's really hard for me to take all of this in.'' I explained.
''I really wish I can remember you but I feel like something is blocking me. Sorry that I made you upset.'' He apologized.
''It will be okay. You will slowly remember me and our baby. You should not be stressed as you just woke up from coma.''

''Can I touch it?'' He pointed to my bump. I breathed out a laugh before I took his hand placing it on my stomach. He smiled a bit as he caressed my stomach.

I leaned in and kissed his temple. It doesn't matter if he can't remember us now. It's only important that he's alive and awake. I couldn't be more happier to know that.