Chapter 19

Grace's POV

After a week of staying here, David is released from the hospital today. I have been talking to him about us and some memories that would help him remember me, but it's so hard.

He got dressed as I packed his things. I gave the bag to the bodyguard and went with David out. He got in a car as I soon followed. He is acting normal around his men and I feel jealous that he is not remembering me.

We arrived at home and we got inside. We went together in our room.
''I guess we're sharing a room since we're married?'' He asked.
''Yes, we do. Is it a problem for you now?''
''No. It's fine.'' He shrugged. I immediately felt at ease when he said that. I actually wouldn't be able to sleep without him after whole month since he was in coma.

I went to the closet and picked black leggings and white shirt. I started wearing leggings because they're stretchy and comfy for my bump.

After I picked my clothes, I went to the bathroom to take a nice shower. I put on my strawberry shampoo and massaged my scalp slowly. I haven't had this nice shower in a long time. I felt so relaxed.

I dried myself when I finished and got dressed. When I went out of the room, David just got out of the closet. He also went to shower after me.

Soon I heard water running as I laid down on a bed. I can't believe how stressful this month has been for me and the baby. I just need to thank God for making everything good now.

I was just falling asleep when David came next to me in a bed. I noticed he kept some distance but reached his hand to put it on my stomach. I smiled with my eyes closed and got closer to him then put my hand on his cheek.

I fell asleep completely when he stroked my stomach. I already see that he loves the baby even if he doesn't remember I stayed pregnant.

•••

When I opened my eyes, I saw David's black hair. He had his face in my neck and his hand was on my bump. He used to sleep a lot like this before all this happened.

I put my hand in his hair and started masagging his scalp like I always did before. I missed all of this. His touch was enough for me to make my heart race thousand miles per hour.

I was like a little girl with a crush that would always blush on every little thing he said to me. I love him and how he makes me feel with every single thing he does or says.

I just wish he would remember fast who are we and how much we love each other. When I'm alone and thinking, I'm shocked with myself sometimes. How could I fall in love with such a dangerous man? But at the end of the day he is just a big teddy bear that wants to be loved and who loves me and our child.

I remember my crush from more than ten years ago. David's really reminds me of him from time to time. I loved how my crush was gentle with me that time and since then I couldn't forget about him.

David started stirring and nuzzled his nose more in my neck. His breath tickled my skin as I started giggling. He removed himself from me and smiled cheekly. He is so handsome when he smiles and these teeth are so white.

I leaned down and kissed his cheek which caught him of guard, but he relaxed after.
''I'm going to remember you, Grace. You are obviously someone who is really important to me and I can't deny the connection I feel when I'm with you.'' He admitted which made me grin.

I'm so happy that he feels connected with me. Even if he doesn't remember, his body and heart are feeling some connection towards me. And I'm happy that he is trying.

''You can take your time to remember. I'm happy that you recovered well and that you are here with me. That's only that's matters to me now.'' I spoke as I caressed his cheek. He has grown some facial hair, but it looks manlier on him.

''Thank you for trying so hard for me, Grace.'' He said as I just smiled at him.
''Thank you too.'' I kissed his forehead softly before getting up.
''Let's go eat. I'm going to make us dinner.'' I said as I pulled his hand.

He helped me to pull his large form down to the kitchen. I made us mac and cheese which I somehow craved for. It tasted delicious to me and David also complimented that it was good.

For the rest of the evening, I was talking to him about our shared memories. He was surprised with how gentle he was as I was speaking about him. He was laying his head on my lap and kissed my bump few times while I was stroking his hair. I felt so peaceful again after a long time.