Homecomings and Emotions

Start from the beginning

     I turn my back to the car to get the bags, only taking two trips to load up the trunk and I can feel the uneasiness if Tobias once our eyes are off our Mate. Once everything is packed, I hop in the car and turn towards Chloe with a warm smile. "You ready?" I ask him and one of his hands come to grab my hand that's sitting on the gear shift.

     "Anywhere with you." He tells me and I turn my head to hide the blush that coats my cheeks not expecting the sappy response at all. I put the car in reverse and back my way out of the parking space before I drive away from the room that changed my pup's life twice.

     "Do you need to turn in the keys?" I ask him nodding my head to the lobby but he shakes his head no.

    "I got the room for a month. We'll just have to remember to come back." He says and I shrug before we're on the road heading back home. The thirty minute ride is quiet and short, the two of us enjoying each other's company, hands intertwined between us. In no time at all, we're pulling into the driveway and I groan once I see everyone's car here.

     I turn to Chloe with a cringed smile and he looks back at me. "Say the word and we'll go back and hide for another few days." I tell him and he giggles before taking his hand from mind to unbuckle his self belt, much to my disappointment.

     "Come on, they know where I was anyway, they would just come there." He reasons and I frown at the truth in his words. "Besides, the faster we can get in there, the faster we can make up, I've always heard that sex was the best." He teases before he's getting out the car and leaving my stunned form behind. It takes me a moment but I finally snap myself out of it and follow him into the cool morning air. I round the car, opening the trunk before getting all the bags out, only passing one to Chloe so we can make it in one trip.

      I follow behind my princess as we walk towards the door and gush internally over his little waddle that gets more serious with each passing week. I hold my hand to his back, giving him some of my strength, as he makes his way slowly up the stairs. Coming around him, I open the door and allow him to enter the house first, watching him as he takes a big happy whiff of the smell of home.

      I close the door behind us, and we make our way through the house, me sticking my head in the kitchen first, but the room is empty. We keep moving on, the house too quiet for so many people to be here and for a second I fear they're going to scare Chloe half to death with a surprise party.

     That is, until we enter the living room and we find all of our friends passed out on each other. I begin to question how long they've been waiting until I see Thomas, Graves, Ares and Cora wearing the same clothes from yesterday.

     "They waited all night." I tell Chloe and his smile is wobbly as he takes in the friends who sacrificed their sleep and the rest of yesterday to come and wait for his return home.

     "How long do you think it'll take for them to notice?" He asks me and just as he does, I hear James to the right of me begin to sniff, his nose twitching even in his sleep as he identifies the one scent they've been looking for for the past week.

      "Now." I answer Chloe with a smile and we watch as James' eyes flutter open, his hands coming up to rubs them carefully before he blinks and they focus on Chloe. Once they do, his eyes bulge as he quickly stands up, making Cody's head fall into the couch, the bean waking up in a fit of confusion.

      "Chloe! You're back!" The wolf yells and he comes towards us to wrap Chloe in a tight hug that my gracious princess returns. James' loud cry makes the rest of the exhausted bunch begin to stir from their sleep as well. As their eyes begin to open and they all shout out their surprise and happiness, I smile from the side lines as Chloe is reunited with his family.

✨✨✨

      We were finally able to convince the others to leave after an hour of fawning over Chloe and the twins. They all looked exhausted so the argument for them to head home didn't last long. Of course Cody and Cora put up the most fuss but we promised them that Chloe would make time for them after he settles back in the home he missed so much.

     After they had left, I led Chloe upstairs, steering the unhappy princess away from the Twins room telling him that he's not allowed to see it until it's done much to his annoyance.

    The two of us are now laying in bed, switching between kissing and talking to each other, catching up in everything's that happened.

    "Alex." Chloe says softly, his hand coming up to trace my chest slowly.

     "Yes princess?" I answer, half distracted by how beautiful he looks to give him my complete attention.

      "I need you to show me. Show me that we'll be okay. Please." He begs and I give him a kiss to calm his nerves.

     "Okay, baby, okay." I whisper, and I do exactly that, showing him in the only language he knows.

~~~~~~
I know you guys love smut but I'm not sure if I'm going to show the next scene. I might move on with the story plot. We'll see how I'm feeling after this nap.

Maybe I'll make it an extra idk.

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: Okay is anyone else still mad at Cody and company?