Love and Healing

Play this song while you read. I love it and I think it's perfect for this chapter.

Chloe's POV

I wake up feeling okay this morning, better than I have all week. There's a smile on my face as I shower even if my body is weak without feeding. I don't worry about it much because I know I won't be away from Alex for much longer. I can feel it. I make myself get up and enjoy a nice soothing shower that helps quiet the aching muscles that have been screaming at me.

     Once I'm done, I step out into the steam filled room and look at myself in the mirror, for once without contempt. My ears are wet and mangy and my tail is dripping water, my stomach is swollen under the wait of my babies..... and I think I look beautiful. For the first time in my life, I'm not looking at myself in disgust or trying to imagine myself without my Felix features, but instead, I marvel at them, at how they make me so pretty and unique.

     I give myself a secretly pleased smile before I turn off the light and exit the bathroom.

    No, it won't be long at all.

    I get dressed in a crop top and some shorts to allow my angels to breathe and decide to lay back down to rest my swollen feet. I slowly begin sinking into sleep when suddenly there's a knock at the door, the sound loud and confident. I think about ignoring it, thinking it may be a housekeeper, but something tells me to get up an open it.

    So listening to the creepy sixth sense, I struggle out of the bed and waddle my way over to the door. I quickly unlock it and swing it open, expecting to have to tell some sweet old lady that she's not needed today when I come face to face with the love of my life.

     He's staring at me just like he did the day I told him I was pregnant, his eyes not able to decide between my stomach and my face, tears welling in his eyes as he looks at me. My hand flies to my mouth as a happy sob falls from my lips.

"You found me." I whisper and suddenly I'm in his arms, his nose buried in my neck as he takes deep hurried breaths of my scent. In our position, I'm able to see Thomas leaning against the car, arms folded as he looks at me and I mouth my thanks to him. The only response I get is a wink as he pushes himself off the car and begins walking away, his pace slow until he suddenly boosts his speed and he's racing away, most likely back to his Bond.

I turn my attention back to Alex whose arms haven't loosened in the slightest. "I missed you. So fucking much." He whispers in my ear and I allow for my tears to stream down my face, thanking whatever Goddess is real or not for allowing Alex to find me right as I finally found acceptance.

I being to walk backwards, his body following mine and he kicks the door closed behind us and we just stand there and he holds me for as long as he needs. He eventually pulls back and though his eyes are red and filled, no tears run down his face as he stares at me.

"Are you okay?" He asks me and it warms my heart to know that even though I broke down and left him and put everything we built at risk, his first priority is me.

"I'm okay. I'm so very much okay. I've never felt this okay in my life." I tell him and he laughs, both of our voices thick. "I'm so sorry." I tell him after a few moments of silence and he shakes his head in response. His hands come up to cup my face between his palms and pulls me closer until we're nose to nose.

"Never, ever apologize. Not for this. I understand why you had to leave. And I'm so proud of you for being able to realize what you need. I'm so proud of you for finding it in yourself to heal. I'm not going to sit here and lie to you and say that I came out of it unscathed but I would do it all over again for you to be the best okay that you can be." He tells me and that's all it takes before I'm breaking down in his arms.