Fear and Reactions

I'm almost to 5k and in honor of it, I'm going to be doing a Q&A chapter. Leave any questions here that you would like to ask any of my characters only form this book so we don't spoil anything.

Happy reading lovlies!

Chloe's POV

I feel tears spring to my eyes as Talex just sits there, his black and brown eyes shifting from my stomach to my face and I'm so scared, so terrified that maybe everything won't be okay. I start to feel sick, physically ill at the thought that this could be the end of us, right here right now.

"You're pregnant?" Talex whispers softly and my head shoots up and makes eye contact with him, hope spiking my my chest as he finally speaks.

"Y-yes. I'm pregnant." I agree nodding my head slowly, my hand falling to press against my stomach, trying to sooth myself as I watch a million and one emotions flash across his eyes and face.

"Are you sure? You're not playing with you are you?" He asks skeptically and I shake my head hard.

"N-no. No I wouldn't do that. Cody even told me that he was sure." I explain and I cringe not meaning to mention his name and my heart plummets hoping I didn't just get him in trouble. But to my surprise Talex's eyes fill with tears and a small smile begins to wobble itself against his lips.

"Oh Goddess you're pregnant." He says and his smile widens, my heart finally lifting in happiness at the sight. He's happy about it. "You're Pregnant!" He repeats louder this time and I squeal in surprise as his strong muscled arms scoop me up from the blanket and we're twirling, me giggling and Talex exclaiming his joy to the world. "We're pregnant!!"

"Calm down!" I tell him, swatting his chest but the smile on my face is just as big as his as he listens and sets me down on me feet.

"You're really pregnant? You promise?" He asks me and I laugh and kiss his naked chest, feeling it pound loudly in excitement.

"I pinky promise." I tell him looking up at him through my lashes and he crashed me to his chest in a breath stopping hug.

"I'm going to be a dad! Oh Goddess I'm finally going to have a family again." He tells me the last sentence whispered against my hair before he glides down to his knees and pressed his head against my stomach. I stand still and quiet realizing by now that he's listening for a heart beat, and he looks up when he finds it, his eyes wet as he stares at me with such joy that it breaks me heart.

I pull him back up to his feet and take him back to the blanket, sitting down with my legs out in front of me and he lays his head down on my lap, his face still stuck in a look of awe and happiness.

     We sit there in silence just staring at each other in peace as my hands scratch at his scalp and run through his hair. He finally speaks up his voice hushed as if any sudden sounds or movements would take all of this away.

     "We're having a baby Chloe. You're happy about it right?" Talex asks worry in his tone as he leans back to look me in the eyes, hope and fear clashing and I smile at him gently before answering.

     "When I first found out I was worried. I mean, everything was perfect with us but did that mean we're ready to add another person to the mix? Would that make your happiness increase or take away from ours? But then I realized that none of that mattered. The only thing that matters is this small baby life inside of me and making sure they grow up loved and cherished. I want this baby more than I ever imagined." I tell him, looking down into his eyes so he can see the truth swimming in them, tears welling at the unfiltered emotion in his face that I can't quite read.