Didn't Made Sense

48 -

"We need to talk", I said out of the blue while Darshan took a sharp right turn.

"Shoot, Vaid", he transferred the car into the fourth gear.

"Um, I need you to stop spending on me strictly until I'm capable of spending back at you", I told him. "And I meant to tell you this since a while now but never too late?", I shrugged.

"Okay, I'll stop", he said.

"Really?", I asked.

"Yeah, totally if you feel uncomfortable with it", he didn't look at me.

"Thanks", I smiled.

"I'll show you something tomorrow though", he said.

"Keep it before 6, I've a meeting", I told him.

"Wow, where?", Darshan asked, cheerfully.

"Just a normal meeting, work related", I told him.

"Ooh", he said. "I miss you though but I knew this will happen", he added.

"What will happen?", I asked.

"You'll grow busy and I'm more than happy about it but it will still suck", he complaint.

"Well, at least you'll know, how I feel when you go off working, meeting women and having the time of your life", I scoffed.

"I wouldn't lie it's exciting, the life on the road. It has it pros but cons as well. Sometimes I just want to sleep and cuddle with you or spend the day doing nothing with dad or go to club with my boys but it's not like that, is it?", he briefed me about it.

"One day I'd like to find out about it in detail", I said. "Can I ask you something?", I added.

"Shoot Vaid", he chipped instantly.

"Why are you so secretive about your life on web? Like, I am so chaotic on social media that it sucks to not tell that i'm dating especially YOU but I want to know why do people don't like being so open about it?", I asked him.

"Not all parts of your life needs to make it to your feed, right?", he explained.

"Random thought: we should have an opposite valentines day where we send unfortunate things in hideous boxes to people we dislike on purpose", I said and he chuckled.

"I'm so going to be excited about it. I hate quite a lot of people", Darshan mocked.

"Same, I've all the names ringing in my head", I said and he chuckled.

"Okay, honestly, are you happy? Have you been happy in a while?", Darshan asked deeply.

Yeah.

"Yes, I've been happy. I think it's good to know that someone is there for you aside from your family and friends, like romantically or I don't know basically good to know that someone exists who knows what you're trying to say and when", I said, looking out at the busy road.

"Good", he said, I could feel his smile.

"Is it just me or do you feel like you’re failing as a human? I don't know maybe it’s the depression talking", I shrugged.

"Well, I do feel like that sometimes but not all times", he said.

"No you don't", I turned around to face him, "like you are literally this epitome of perfection!", I clasped my hands.

"I think the same about you", he said.

"Really? Noway! Like, look at me, how can somebody think I'm perfect?", I shrugged again.