Life Surprises You

08 -

I lived in Malad West because that's where I was able to find an affordable house and it's 20 minutes away from my college which in Mumbai's time zone is 40 minutes away with all sorts of traffic and red lights and bhaji walas included.

Trust me it was so hard for me to come from a plan like Delhi and adjust here, where everything is so fast and rushing. Things and places and people.

"This is your apartment", he stopped in front of my apartment which barely qualified as an apartment but anyways. I could feel him as I'd been to his place which was absolutely finest.

"Yes, this is it", I told him and he nodded, glancing a look at it. I looked too. He probably forgot that these kind of buildings still exist.

"It isn't that bad on the inside", I said and he turned to face me immediately.

"Oh, no I wasn't looking at it that way to be honest. I...nevermind", Darshan stopped abruptly and I smiled, stepping off his car.

He stepped off too after me and I stopped before going in to look at him.

"Don't do anything stupid that gets you in harms way", Darshan stated and I didn't pay any heed...again.

"Ciao", I walked inside the gate of my apartment.

Crazy day. Huh.

*

I stayed up the entire night, completing the editing and life went on without such thrilling adventures. Just regular weekend plans, lectures, notes, trying to find part time work, saving up, ending up broke, daily tantrums from daddy dear, writing, trying to finish my script, more sex with normal guys who made life simpler, I was still a bitch by all means

Darshan crossed my head often as I scrolled Instagram or passed by SV Road. He was the kind of person you can't forget easily...mostly because he was so famous and successful in such an industry which took a turn everyday. He wasn't concrete stable but he was still stable enough.

I did remember him, you never forget such things do you?

I didn't tell anyone about him...mostly because nobody would believe me but also because I wanted to forget him and I would've forgotten him in a few days, with a few drinks but he'd the habit of coming back.

He was recklessly hard to predict. Something I couldn't figure out really.

Yes, I was attractive. Not the genuinely you're attractive types but because I showed more skin and I'd deep cleavage and I knew it.

I was more of a person to look at and lust over. It just made me more comfortable, not the every man staring at me as I pass by, but the clothes.

It made me feel like myself or someone that I desperately wanted to be but when I thought from Darshan's perspective he'd have seen thousands of girls like me. It was quite amusing yet weird. I was probably his favourite time pass and the idea of it didn't offended me.

I thought all of this sheer crap while walking downstairs as he had called me, telling me he's right in front of my apartment. It had been approximately a month since he dropped me that night and I thought there wouldn't be any other time but hey life surprises you?

-
PS// I knew this is kind of short but bear it! :p