I Wish I Stay The Same

20 -

As we all were going to the same party, I decided to tag along with Karan & Aishwarya to save money and time and save the environment.

Aishwarya will be staying with me tonight because her hostel won't allow her late entry.

Soft music was playing in the car while Aishwarya was making an Instagram post and Karan was silently driving.

I was constantly thinking if I'm overdressed or underdressed?

Well, I was wearing a cool fabric gown with geometrical prints on it. The ends of my hair are blue but Aishwarya insisted on temporary coloring them black with the regular makeup and open hair.

I should've worn a jeans and any top rather. At least, I'd not be overthinking so much right now.

After a while of driving we were here, at some posh club. I was too involved in my thoughts which are as useless as my talent of making paper chains that I didn't aknowlege anything.

I was literally having anxiety now. It's one of those days today.

"Tara", Aishwarya held my hand.

"I'm scared", I mumbled in her ear.

"Well, I'm a little bit too but um there's free booze and buffet and we're broke students", she bit her lip and I tried to smile a little.

I wasn't scared because of the poshness and expensive cars parked (we'd an expensive car as well as Karan drove a BMW, his dad was one of the trustees of our college) but I was more scared because:

A. Dhriti.
B. Darshan.
C. Dhriti and Darshan.

I realized as we walked till the door that I wasn't really confident in this outfit as I usually am like I normally dress. I actually belong with ancient things.

"Ma'am & sir your name please", the waiter asked us, softly.

"Tara", I told him.

"Full name ma'am", he'd a list in his hand.

"Tara Vaid", I said.

"Aishwarya Sharma", Aishwarya replied.

"Karan Mittal", Karan added in.

There was another waiter next to the one who asked our names. He pulled out three paper bands and we stretched our arms. He wrapped one by on on our wrists.

Karan and Aishwarya proceeded in, talking to each other but I stayed back.

"Listen, I'm feeling shitty right now. Can you tell me if I'm overdressed or underdressed?", I asked the waiters.

"Uh, ma'am you look pretty beautiful. There are people who are overdressed inside but I must not say", I could tell he was venting out his irritation.

"Thanks dude, I'll remember this", I formed a ball fist and extended it. Gently he hit it back and I smiled at him.

I walked inside and I saw Karan & Aishwarya waiting for me.

"What took you so long?", Karan asked.

"A call", I lied, as I shifted glances in the club.

Woah! Pretty expensive, all of this must be.

This place was full and packed with most of the faces I recognised, actors, singers, performers. A lot of limelight.

"Okay, I've to admit, now I'm losing my shit", Aishwarya exclaimed while Karan stood still. Of course he didn't care, he was already pretty full himself.