Let's Keep It Buissnes

05 -

In a small apartment, crumpled with things, golden lighting illuminating because the LED is too boring, imagine two people sitting in front of each other and editing with headphones on.

Sounds quite fine but is very fucking boring.

This is not what I thought when I imagined hanging out on weekends but the college assignments are just endless.

It's easy they say - studying filmmaking but then comes long hours of editing and it's not that fun anymore kids.

Chintan, my part time dad and GBFF (gay best friend forever) studies cinematography in the same college and well, we both have to edit regularly, frequently apart from a group of 4 and it sucks.

I love editing but I hate it at the same moment. You forget in-cam transition go add some, find copyright free appropriate music, color grade it, trim it, overlays, exposures...it's infinite. Just infinite work to be done for an ordinary video you see.

I changed the track too 'One Too Many' and the music echoed in my ear until my phone rung and the music stopped.

As I looked at the screen it was an unknown phone number, I looked up at Chintan while his gaze was fixed on the laptop screen with lines on his forehead.

He looked up and found me staring already. Patting on his stomach he gestured he's hungry and I nooded, swiping answer.

"Hello", I said.

"Hi", the masculine voice sounded familiar.

Opening the microwave, I took out the pizza that was in for about 15 minutes. "Do I know you?"

"Oh yeah, I'm...I'm Darshan", Darshan reminded me and the pizza tray almost slipped from my hand but I managed.

It was like two weeks since I haven't heard from him and I thought he forgot for good...but?

I think, I should let him know.

"Are you there?", he asked as I was lost in thought.

"Yeah, yeah hi", I spoke cutting the pizza in pieces.

"Are you free tonight?", he asked and I rolled my eyes to myself.

"Nope, all booked", I lied.

"Oh, that's...I'll pay you better", he stated instantly and I ugh-ed. "Where can I pick you from?", he added.

"Oberoi mall?", I sighed.

"Okay, will be there in 45 minutes somewhat", he said, almsot cutting the line.

"Do you want me to wear something specific? Or can I just be in normal wear", I asked, thinking about tight skirts and tops that makes the curve looks bigger.

I don't think he's the demanding types anyways.

"Normal will do", he said and hung up, without further conversation.

I took the pizza to Chintan, shutting my laptop close and made a nasty face.

"What's with you?", he nudged his elbow and I giggled.

"I gotta go man, there's a friend I'm meeting with",  I lied in front of him because if I would've told him the real thing he would've lectured me for about 12 hours.

Which I didn't had the time and energy to hear.

"You've an assignment to finish", he said as if I didn't know.

"I'll finish it", I assured him but moreover myself.

"Which friend is this by the way", he took a bite from the pizza.

"You're not aware", I shrugged and he looked on.

"Your fling, isn't it?", he scoffed and it made me chuckle.

This was the easiest assumption to make about me, if I'm going MIA then either I'm just in my house or with a guy making out.

"Fuck off", he turned his eyes back to his laptop and I changed into a more nicer lower and t-shirt which didn't had holes in it.

"Bye, Chints", I waved and he looked at me.

"Bye, I'll leave tomorrow morning. So much work", he lied, letting me know.

"Oh, fuck off! You fought with your boyfriend. I know. He does the same thing", I shut the door close.

Chintan and Aakash lived in the same flat and they're the best couple that I've seen but then of course they do fight and whenever that happens either of them crashes my place.

*

I stood there, in front of the mall waiting for awhile and then I sat on the footpath. Why is he taking so long?

Ugh, come already. Replying to some unread chats on WhatsApp a few moments later a car pulled up and the windows rolled down. It made me feel like the first time we met.

"Come", he said and I opened the car door and sat besides him. "Nice weather", Darshan started a small talk.

Last I checked, he avoided me.

"Let's keep it business and not talk...at all. Last time, I got distracted but it won't happen again", I sighed, looking out of the window.

"Okay", he almost mummered.

I was thinking about stuff. About him and me and everyone. Would I have sex with him again? Why the fuck not? It was good but not like this.

I know, by all means, I'm a slut and a whore but even I've that shred of intellectuality to not con someone like this because roles reserved I wouldn't have liked it very much so.

First time was okay but then again? It's...not a good thing to do even for a person like me.

My dad had a financial job, sales field and he disliked music for some reason.

All in all, he was never a poetic person and his advices were always about life in a lecture kind of a way or financial sort of a way other than this one time he told me, 'Not to play with anyone's feelings'.

Though, it was a simple line you can read anywhere easily but coming from a person who doesn't gives this much thought to things like feelings and dreams and music and art, it definitely impacts you in several ways.

I knew I'd to tell him.

-
So what now?