Three

After locking the door, Robert wipes his lips with a handkerchief and stuffs it back into his pocket. His heart is pounding in anger as he rushes like a mad bull into his car.

He slid his keys in and started the car. The house he holds Emma is deep in his village. It's a store in a house built in the middle of his parent's largest farm. There are other farms all around it and in this time of the year, you barely find a person there.

He stops at a small trading center and heads to a mini-pharmacy. The sales lady recognizes him immediately.

Back then, she used to receive him with a warm smile but this time, the reception is colder. "What do you want?"

He is about to blurt it out but he thinks again. "Some pain killers."

She narrows her eyes. "Your head hurts? So, you can hurt other people but can't handle even a little bit of pain?"

"I'm the victim here," he defends himself. He was wrong to think he could come back to his home town without being judged. He feels like yelling at her but that's just what he needs, another nail to his coffin.

"You're the victim?" she shakes her head. "Well then, go buy you pain killers elsewhere."

Robert endures cold stares until he gets into his car. That darned woman.

He remembers seeing two small boys playing a few meters outside the center and thinks of sending them for the chloroform he needs.

He should've brought enough from the city. He curses his stupidity for underestimating Emma the second time. There is no way he can get her clothing off while she is conscious. He brings a finger to his throbbing lip.

As he drives to bigger town far away, he feels even more furious.

And something else. It been a long time and his blood warms up at the thought of having Emma again.