48 ➳ He's Broken

Start from the beginning

Suddenly I found myself having to try and decide whether I should listen to my head or my heart.

My head was sternly telling me to ignore Boston and his stupid breakdown and to instead walk back into the living room and eat the food that Boston had got me. My head continued screaming at me to not care and to ignore him as he has treated me so badly that he doesn't deserve any of my kindness.

But my heart was aching and begging for me to go through the bedroom door, find out what is wrong with that boy and help him as much as I can. My heart was telling me to care for him and to just be there for him as he never ever acts like this so it should be something major.

After having an internal battle with my head and my heart, I let out a sigh as I found myself giving into the weak option, my heart.

I gave into my heart because I am a caring person, I put others before myself more than a hundred percent of the time. I'm not a selfish person, I know sometimes it's okay to put yourself first and that you do need to in some situations but I can't help feeling the need to care for him.

My small fist softly knocked on the white wooden door twice before I awaited an answer, after a minute or so there was no answer so I slowly twisted the silver door knob and pushed the door open gently. The door creaking was the only sound heard in the dead silent room, I looked around once I stepped in and to my surprise there was no Boston.

Concern rushed through me as my eyebrows knitted with confusion as there was no sign of Boston anywhere in the small room, then rushed over to the bathroom door which was the only other place that I could check.

The door swung open and there he sat on the lid of the toilet with his head held lowly hung again. His brown hair was messy due to his hands being entangled into it as they were also keeping his head secure as it was flopped over between his legs, which denied me access of his face.

"Boston?" I asked as I heard a sniffle come from the direction of his hunched over body, "Are you okay?" I pretty much whispered as I slowly and carefully made my way over to him.

By the time I was in front of him all I heard were soft sobs and sniffles coming from him, when I received no answer, I stood to the side of him and rubbed slow circles into his back for a few minutes in an attempt to calm him down, in hopes he would then explain to me what was wrong.

After what felt like half an hour of rubbing his back, I crouched down onto my knees, I pulled his hair up and held it there so I was then able to see his red and puffy face. Boston's eyes were closed as he took deep breaths, I sighed as all I wanted now was to know what was going on inside his head.

I tilt my head at him as I let go of his hair which flopped down, instead I grabbed his face with both of my hands and tilted it up, "Hey." I said softly, "Talk to me." I pretty much begged him as he kept his eyes closed shut.

His sniffles and sobs soon stopped as he slowly opened his brown eyes which held so much sadness and hurt within them as he looked into my green, worry filled ones, "I hate him." he muttered under his breath, "I fucking hate him."

My best guess as to who Boston was talking about or well saying that he hated was most likely, Boston's father, better known as Oliver Kain.

From what I know Mr. Kain is one of the most well-known real-estate owners in Pennsylvania, the guy pretty much owns all of the apartment's, a good handful of the rental houses and a lot of company buildings owe him millions in debt due to them buying his buildings in green meadow. But he also has other real-estate properties that are around the country which is why he tends to be away from time to time.