Chapter 5 Asking Some Questions

No one's Pov (Movie)

As the smell of sea salt rose in the late morning, the ninja had retreated to their secret base, by the docks, to wait until the scene from before had died down.

Each ninja that wasn't in the fight from earlier was now tending to the ones that were.

"Can you tell us what happened?" Lloyd asked his water-powered friend as her brother handed her a warm blanket.

Nya was in her normal clothes now because her ninja suit was soaked from the ice. She was shaking to the bone while she rested on the couch.

"You guys-s-s saw it for your s-selves. We--"

"You guys got your butts handed to you," Zane finished the ninja's setence while he handed Jay a cold rag that he helped make with his powers.

"That wasn't really necessary," Jay added before he gave the cold rag to Cole, who was also sitting on the couch.

"Yeah, w-w-what Zane said..." Nya mumbled.

"I mean about those other two ninja," Lloyd continued.

"Well, they ap-pparently had elemental powers-s like us-s. But, I'm sure you guys-s-s already s-saw that. The i-ice-powered one was a robot like Zane," Nya explained. Her finger pointed to her robotic friend until she let out a sneeze. The white ninja grew abit surprised by her statement.

I'm... not alone?

Cole noticed his buddy suddenly being quiet, so he spoke up.

"Yeah, but that android is nothing compared to Zane over here."

Cole's words then snapped the robotic ninja back into reality. He then gave a wide smile.

"Thanks Cole," Zane replied.

"No problem, Ice Cube," Cole spoke while he let the cold rag rest on his forehead. He leaned back into the couch, arms across the top with his face pointed up towards the ceiling. He then shut his eyes before falling into silence.

"But what does all this mean? Is that robot related to Zane somehow?" Lloyd asked.

"He would have to be if he has the same powers. Zane, do you know if your Dad made another robot like you?" Kai questioned his mechanical friend.

"Not that I know of. After my Dad built me, my mom was pretty in shock by it. I think one was all she could handle for a while," Zane answered with a slight chuckle. His system, though, remembered something.

"But even if he did, my Dad never knew how I got my ice powers. Trust me, I've asked him."

"Don't forget, that other ninja guy has powers like Cole," Jay joined in on the conversation.

Cole raised one arm up, snapped his fingers, and pointed towards Jay with a slight nod, still keeping his laid back position.

"So like, is there someone out there making clones of us or something?" Kai asked.

"Gos-sh I hope not," Nya answered. She held her warm blanket tighter.

"Whoever they are, we need to find them and get some answers out of them," Lloyd said.

"Not now you won't."

The group of teens all jumped at the sight of their ninja master, Wu, who was now standing directly behind the couch.

"How did you get there s-so fast?" Jay stuttered, clearly still in shock.

"A move you ninja students still need to learn," Wu replied.

"Uncle, what do you mean not now?" Lloyd asked.

"Yeah, those guy's froze my sister. That calls for payback," Kai added.

His sister nodded before, Wu smacked the fire master on top of the head with his staff.

"Ow!"

"I taught you ninja better than that, I hope. Seeking revenge is never the answer," Wu remined them.

"Besides, you students still have school to finish."

"But uncle! Those ninja could be dangerous. We can't go back to school now that we know those guys are out there," Lloyd explained.

"Oh really? Because to me, it seemed like you two were the dangerous ones in that fight," Wu said as he pointed his staff to Cole and Nya.

"Us-s da-angerous!? That one android froze me li-ike an ice cube!" Nya spat. She stood up with her blanket still wrapped around her shoulders.

"Yes, but who attacked first? You or them?"

Her master's reply made Nya shut her mouth.

"I'm not sure who these ninja are, but you all should try to talk to them before you just jump in all karate chopping and what not. Do I make myself clear?" Wu demanded.

"Yes Master..." all six ninja agreed, reluctantly.

"Now, head to school, all of you. And I believe one of you won themselves some detention, if I'm not mistaken," Wu motioned over to Cole, pointing at his headphones. Cole gave a quiet groan before the group of students headed out of the warehouse.