Proposal

{Lucy's point of view}

I don't know why I'm so nervous for this date with Natsu. It's just like every other date we've been on. "How do I look, Cancer?" I asked as I played with my hair.

"I think you look great, baby." Cancer replied.

I took a deep breath. Why the hell do I feel so nervous?

"Are you feeling alright?" Cancer asked.

"Ah, y-yes. Just a little nervous." I smiled.

Cancer smiled too, "Date with that Dragon Slayer huh?"

I blushed and let out a sigh, "I don't know why I feel so nervous. I go on dates with him, but this date just seems...." I couldn't find the right words. Then a thought popped into my mind, I finally figured out why I seem so nervous.

Earlier at the Guild~

"Mira, can I have a drink?" I asked.

"You sure can Lucy!" Mira replied as she got a drink ready for me and set it in front of me.

"Mira...I have another date with Natsu tonight...any new advice for me?" I asked.

Mira looked at me and smiled, "Another date huh? Well how many dates have you and Natsu been on total?"

"Hmm? I think seven?" I put my finger on my chin and had my other hand on my drink.

"Hmmmmm...." Mira smiled bigger, "Don't you think the time is near where Natsu gets down on one knee, with the most beautiful ring in a box, and has the most perfect speech for a lovely woman that goes by the name Lucy, to finally be his forever?"

I blushed, "H-Huh? L-Like...a purposal....?" I asked.

Mira nods with a smile, "The time is getting near, Lucy!"

Present time~

I blushed, "So that's why..." I sighed. She's wrong, it's just another date. Even so, what if Natsu ever did purpose to me? Of course I'd say yes but...what if he picks wrong and wants to be with another girl for the rest of his life? L-Like Lisanna o-or another girl?

"Lucy? Are you ready?" Natsu said from the other side of the door.

I jumped, "Y-Yeah..." I opened the door, "Usually you go through the window, why are at my door today?" I asked.

"I felt like being a proper gentleman tonight." Natsu blushed a little.

I kept thinking back to what Mira said about the purposal and I couldn't stop blushing.

Natsu held out his hand with a smile and a slightly red face, "May I?"

I smile too and give him my hand. We walked hand in hand. It's been a while since I've felt such a warm feeling. Natsu's hand feels so warm and gentle. "Hey Natsu..."

"Hm? What is it Lucy?" Natsu asked.

"Um...where is Happy? Usually he goes with us."

"Oh, Gramps made him go with Wendy on a mission with Carla. It wasn't a dangerous quest so we don't have to worry. Plus, Wendy has grown so powerful!" Natsu smiled.

I blushed and smiled too. "You're right."

Natsu started blushing more too, "Lucy, I'm taking you somewhere different tonight...somewhere better and more exciting." He smiled.

I blushed and smiled, "I can't wait to see where this place is."

Natsu was blushing alot more than usual, it was actually really cute. "Alright, close your eyes." He smiled.

I closed my eyes with a smile. I couldn't imagine where Natsu was bringing me. "Okay, open your eyes!"

When I opened my eyes, I seen a table for two, food already served, beautiful lights and no people around. The table was outside so we could look up at the beautiful stars in the sky. "Natsu...this is nice." I smiled.

He pulled out the chair for me and waited for me to sit down. When I sat down, he pushed me in. The food smelled so good! I wonder what it is. Natsu sat down and he was still blushing like crazy. He uncovered the food and it was nicely cooked.

"I-I cooked it myself." Natsu said.

When I imagined Natsu cooking food, it would be him holding the meat and roasting it with his fire.

"Mira and Erza helped me cook it." He blushed, "I had to make it perfect for you." He said quieter.

Then I continued to remember what Mira said. M-Maybe that's why Natsu's being more nervous today. Happy isn't with him either! Mira helped plan this?

"L-Lucy...I actually wanted to ask you something important..." He blushed as he got up from his seat.

I-Is this really happening? No it can't be, he's just going to ask something weird like usual.

I was less convinced of my thoughts when Natsu kneeled down on one knee and grabbed onto my hand, his face red. He reached for his back and grabbed a box. "Lucy..." He paused as he opened the box, "Would you...make me the happiest man in the world and...marry me?" He asked.

H-He really did purpose to me! My face turned extremely red. I was surprised by the question, never did I think Natsu would do this. "Yes Natsu!" I felt my eyes tearing up with tears of joy. Both of us smile and I jump into his arms. His warm, kind arms. "I love you, Natsu!"

"I love you too, Lucy!" He kissed me on the cheek.

To be continued...

Thanks for reading!