🏐 TWENTY EIGHT 🏐

(CHECK OUT THE NEW CHAPTER BANNER!!! Like did I do good or what-}

Inter high came faster than anyone had expected. As the Anaguma boys volleyball team walked into the gym, there was so much more of the 'we'll kill you' vibes than there usually was.

And for some reason, instead of leading them, Yusei was surrounded by her teammates. Not that she minded, of course.

They were the second game, which meant they had to wait for the first ones to finish. The school they were up against wasn't a really big name so none of them were worried all that much.

They changed into their uniforms half way through the second set, and were on the court seventeen minutes later.

Jiga warmed up with Yusei, having called it the night before. As usual, they had a sleep over that night, this time at Ozaki's house. It helped that he was pretty well off.

Warming up, the two left sides threw the ball back and forth, stretching their arms between contacts. After they were warm, they began to pepper, both hitting pretty hard to try and get the other to mess up but neither gave in.

Next was their opponent's seven minutes on, so they helped shag as they did hitting lines. The rest went as usual, them doing hitting lines and their opponents shagging for them as well, and then they lined up on the end line and thankes each other for the game before shaking hands.

Anaguma won the game fairly easily, and for whatever reason, Kanai had put the starting line up with Sanada instead of Yusei. The demon king didn't exactly mind, since she knew why.

He was trying to get them ready to not rely on her, and to play without her.

The next match, however, Kanai let her play again, much to Nishioka's relief. He had set to the left so many times the first match, automatically thinking Yusei would kill it, but instead it was Sanada.

That match, they absolutely dominated at 25-11 and 25-13.

"Give it up for the demon king!" Shino yelled, the Anaguma stands going up in cheers as the team bowed and thanked them for coming to support them.

As they were walking out of the gym, Anaguma paused as Ubugawa was also moving towards their bus. The two teams paused, giving each other challenging looks. "See you tomorrow." Gora said, nodding to them. Yusei smirked back.

"If you can last long enough."

"Right back at you."

~•~

On the way back to the school, Yusei was texting her connections at Shiratorizawa. Well, more like the one friend she had there and actually acknowledged.

•••

Tendou
Duuuude you gotta be kidding!!

Yusei
I wish I was