🏐 THIRTY 🏐

(Damn, thirty already? These fics are longer than I expected them to be

(Damn, thirty already? These fics are longer than I expected them to be.. Not that you guys mind, I'm sure 😂)

Inter High came quickly, quicker than anyone at Anaguma wanted. The bus ride over to the hotel was agonizingly silent, when Kanai tried to put on music he was kindly asked to turn it off.

Yusei was sitting alone for once at her request, curled up at the back of the bus with her headphones in and looking out the window. She was thinking mostly, he face blank and void of emotion.

Everyone else was sitting in pairs, no one even making a sound as they went. They were also deep in thought.

Yusei's parents had sold their house a few days ago, and had already moved into the new apartment they had gotten. However, they were staying at a hotel near the venue so that once Inter high was over, they could immediately take Yusei with them to Miyagi.

Yusei had been staying with Ozaki, as had the rest of the team so it wasn't that much of a hassle.

The fact that as soon as they lost, their demon king would be ripped away from them made them refuse to lose. Nishioka's hands squeezed into fists at the thought of them losing the first game. He wouldn't let that happen.

They were going to win Inter High. That's all there was to it.

"You just need to get two rooms, coach." Nishioka had told him when Kanai was making reservations. "Yours and one with a kings bed. We all want to be with Yusei for the time we have left."

So when they got to the hotel, the team headed up to their room after waving at Tsubakihara and promising to have dinner with them later. "So we're all taking the bed?" Yusei raised an eyebrow, it didn't seem doable.

However with this team, they could probably manage. But getting a good night sleep was another matter.

"Nah, there are a few futons if needed." Nishioka explained, pulling them out from under the bed.

"Pfft, screw futons." Kataoka scoffed. Yusei's lips pulled up, he really had come a long way since she had first met him.

"Let's set our stuff down and get ready to go out with Tsubakihara for dinner."

"I call first." Yusei said monotonously.

"Go for it! Can't wait to see how well dad cleans up." Jiga smirked at her, so she slapped him upside the head as she went towards the bathroom.

"It's not cool to crush on your dad, son."

"W-WHAT?! HEY GET BACK HERE-" Jiga went to chase after her but got the bathroom door slammed in his face. Growling in frustration, he stomped towards the bed and face planted.

"Haha, shoulda seen that coming huh?" Akagi snickered, then dodged the shoe that flew towards his face. "Hey! Mean!"

"He is the demon prince."