🏐 SIX 🏐

(The song is what I have for Yusei's theme song, mostly because when it plays I get into the mood to write her lmfao)

"Get out of my face."

"I promise I won't be loud! I'll even wear a hood-"

"Does it look like I care Tenma? Geez go away already."

"Does that mean you'll let me go?!"

"You can if you want, I'm not stopping you as long as you don't embarrass me."

"Awesome!" Tenma cheered as Yusei walked away. The interhigh preliminary matches were going to start in two hours, and Tenma wanted to go support his sister.

She would never admit it, but she really did care what he thought on volleyball, especially her technique and play. She'd probably have a breakdown if he said something negative about the way she played.

"Yusei! Don't terrorize your opponents too much alright?" Her mother called as she was about to leave.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Not my fault one of them peed his pants that one time." Yusei shrugged, walking out the door.

"See you at the match! Good luck!" Tenma smiled with a wave. Yusei's eyes hardened, but she nodded to him as she shut the door.

"Hey Udai-kun!" Nishi greeted as he ran towards her, waving. He stopped right in front of her, panting slightly before smiling. "Ready for today?"

"You know it." She smirked, and they fist bumped before heading to meet up with Tajima and Iwasaki.

"What up you two, looking like whole damn meals!" Tajima grinned as they fist bumped. "Let's get this party started~!"

"Please don't start belting-"

"I DON'T FUCK WITH YOU! LITTLE STUPID ASS BITCH-"

"For the love of sanity SHUT UP!"

"Haha pussies."

"Says the only one that actually has one."

"Oooooooooh I'm not sure if that's a burn or not.."

"Oh it is on Yoshi-kun."

~•~

"Is everyone present and accounted for?" Kentaro asked loudly, looking around and counting with his eyes.

"Nah, Kataoka-kun went to the bathroom a while back but he should be out any minute." Iwasaki explained, going to stand next to their captain.

"Alright then, we'll wait another two minutes before we have to get a move on." He decided.

"I'm back!" Kataoka said, so after another headcount everyone loaded the bus.

"Udai-kun you're sitting with me." Kentaro said, shoving her into the window seat before sitting beside her.

Tajima pouted, wanting to be able to jam out with her and Arakawa in the back.

Kentaro knew and took action to make sure the idiot trio was not sitting together, as he had Iwasaki sit with Arakawa and Kataoka sit with Tajima.

"How long till we get there?"

"Please tell me you aren't the type to ask that every few minutes."

"Nope, just wanna know if I can work in a nap."

"It's about thirty minutes." Kentaro muttered, so Yusei nodded and leaned against the window.

She was asleep within minutes, her mouth slightly open as she breathed. Kentaro didn't pay her any mind, going through with their coach what the line up would be and who they would be playing.

"Playing Ubugawa right off the bat, huh?" Kentaro bit his lip, the coach nodding. "That's fine, hopefully Udai-kun will pull her weight."

"That won't be a problem, I'm sure. We beat them in all three matches we had against them during the training camp so it should be fine. Their serves are the only thing we really need to worry about." Kanai said, and the captain agreed.

Soon enough, they arrived at the venue. Getting off the bus, Anaguma stood together as they made sure they had everything. "Alright, let's go." Keep taro said, so they headed into the building.

Everyone steered clear of them, strong 'we aren't friendly' vibes coming off of Anaguma as they walked.

Even Tajima was serious now, his face straight as they put their stuff down and claimed an area of the venue.

"Get changed and on the court in fifteen." Kanai told his charges, who nodded with a Yes Sir.

"Okie dokie guys, we ready to do this?" Yusei asked, standing in front of everyone. They nodded. "Good, I believe in you." With that, she walked away.

~•~

"Thank you for the game!" Both teams bowed to the other, and then shook hands before setting up on the court.

"You ready for the big leagues, Udai-kun?" Gora asked from across the net, to which the first year shrugged.

"I've been ready for a while. Are you?" She challenged, making the captain smirk.

Then it was time for the match to begin. "Hey, there she is!" Tenma grinned from the bleachers as his parents joined him.

"Remember Tenma, she's not a girl here." Kana reminded her son, who nodded.

"Right." He turned back as the game started, and smiled. She was wearing his old number.

"Get a good one Yoshi-kun!" Yusei yelled, in left back as their setter took a deep breath.

Once the whistle was blown, Nishioka did his jump float serve. Ubugawa got it up nicely, and their setter sent it to their right side. Moving with the block, Yusei watched the player's form and where their body was facing, and their hand as it went up.

From the way their body was facing, it looked like it was going to be a straight. Yusei, however, was not so naive as her eyes locked onto his hand.

Cross Cut.

Yusei was there in an instant, receiving the ball perfectly. "Get it Yoshi-kun!"

"Yeah!" Nishioka said, getting under the ball. He then set their outside, who got the point with a tip. "Nice one Arakawa-san!"

"You're not supposed to run away from the block, Riyochi-kun."

"I didn't run away! I dodged it!"

"Ya huh, sure." Yusei snickered as Arakawa pouted and made excuses. "Next one, go for a sharp." She mumbled to him, making his eyes widen.

"Uh, sure."

"Alright, get another serve Yoshi-kun." Yusei tossed him the ball, so he nodded.

Tenma smiled from the bleachers, he was so proud of his sister and how well she was getting along with her teammates. The former tiny giant did kind of miss playing, but he was an adult now and he didn't have the time to indulge himself.

The two Udais locked eyes for a moment, then Yusei looked away as the whistle was blown and the game continued.

Ubugawa once again received nicely, and their setter went for a middle quick. Yakoya managed to get a hand on it, making it a one touch. "It's mine!" Akagi yelled, passing it to Nishioka.

Setting it to Arakawa again, the ace did as Yusei had instructed and hit a sharp, the ball slamming into the ground right in front of the ten foot line. "Alright!" The team cheered, Arakawa high tenning Yusei as they grinned at each other.

"Damn!" Ubugawa grumbled, none of their players very happy. They knew it would be by the skin of their teeth if they managed to win against Anaguma.

"Get another one." Yusei told Nishi, who nodded again with a smile.

"Sure thing!"

He served again, this time Ubugawa managed to get a point, making it 2-1. "Let's get it back!" Nishioka said, the rest of the team agreeing.

When we get the point back, Udai-kun will be in the front, Nishioka thought as he glanced at the first year. Then our real offense can begin.